• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

VOTE: Best Scenario Voiting!!!
12-24-2008, 02:49 AM,
RE: VOTE: Best Scenario Voiting!!!
Von Earlmann Wrote:Funny.........I don't really like any of those three............just shows you everything is relative depending on how you look at things :-)

Have to agree with Earl.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2008, 09:29 PM,
I should make my vote:

1) The Bridgehead at Rzhavets.

2) Einsatz der Fuhrer Grenadier Brigade.

3) Trapped on Timor

Regards cheers

Slawek
"We do not beg for Freedom, we fight for it!"

http://swalencz.w.interia.pl
01-04-2009, 11:43 PM,
Gentlemen,

Thank you all that took time to think it out and put their votes. cheers

To be frankly I have problem with analyzing the results. First conclusion that comes to my mind is: very few care about such voting. :chin:

From almost 20 votes we have had 37 scenarios given credits. Out of them 10 have received more than one vote.

The most popular were:
1) Tank Graveyard at Minsk
2) Hurricane at Biak
3 & 4) 2nd Chronicles of V Panzer Army and Shodown at Borisov
5 & 6) Impending Doom and Giants on the Vistula
7 & 8) Bridgehead at Rzhavets and Strom Five-Five-Five
9 & 10) Trapped at Timor and Red Steel at Fedorovka

To sum up we have 7 EF scenarios, 2 RS and 1 WF

Thank you once again for your time!
"We do not beg for Freedom, we fight for it!"

http://swalencz.w.interia.pl
01-22-2009, 12:58 PM,
Yikes. I can't even remember . . . :rolleyes:

Which means it's either time for a blankie and a nap . . . or time to pick up the CS sword again.

I do remember that I didn't particularly enjoy most battles where I was up against Jim Puff, Tanker Tony, Morgan J, Umbro, Gevatter, Valor, Herr Nash, the Warrior Formerly Known as Stryker, von Earlmann, et all :hissy:

But I relished big team battles where I could rely on Nort, Erich Hoeppner, Desert Fox and others to pull my fat out of the fire. :whis:

I recall that Don Fox's "Drive to Bastogne" (version 4.0) was probably the most balanced scenario I ever played. And there were many great custom team games by Steve von Neimack, Earlmann and others. :bow:

I guess my favorites would be 1) Tank Graveyard; 2) Giants on the Vistula and 3) Drive to Bastogne (v4). Next would be Einsatz der Furher Grenadier Brigade by the Warrior Formerly Known as Huib (which I still can't pronounce -- even with phonetic help . . . ) :dunno:

cheers
Thor
01-25-2009, 10:21 PM,
Yeah, I like most of the Don Fox scenarios I have played. Enjoyed our team game of Drive to Bastogne. Great turn rate and a fun game all around. Also liked A Legend is Born. The low visibility makes for great FOW.Wish we could get team games going like the old 2 to 4 turns a week as steady as the cold in winter. Todays rates are about 1 per week to week and a half. Where are all the old warriors that were so committed?
Just reminiscing...so I can't spell ether :-)

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
01-26-2009, 08:45 AM,
Von E,

Now that I'm back I'm open to another campaign and can play 2 to 4 turns a week. I'd like to try a historical one. I also can volunteer to be a campaign referee such as you are doing for the Kursk campaign and Jason is for your Smolensk campaign.

Valor,

Sorry back too late to vote in this thread but my take is:

For enjoyment and large scale campaigns:

Anything from Von Earlman

For historical accuracy:

Anything from Don Fox and Huib

For pure genius and level of effort (and maybe madness!!!)

Gio's El Alemain!!

There's a ton of other good scenario designers out there and I don't want to slight them but last year my time was limited and just concentrated on the above.