• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE MAIN EVENT II! Lord Bane vs. Matteponk
12-19-2008, 09:01 PM,
RE: THE MAIN EVENT II!
fluidwill Wrote:We are currently engaged in the RTF tourny, naturally I'm booting his sorry behind all over the map!
50cal

Are we seeing another main event challenge ?? ;)
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2008, 11:55 PM,
Shark2

I'm the one in yellow....Big Grin
12-20-2008, 02:14 AM,
Minute ten: In the North matteponk has no armor left to stop LB's two vet T34s (an "X" represents dead armor) - one T34 stays put and area fires a MG42 team into a state of panic, while the other penetrates deeply into Matteponk's backfield.

A well-placed German gun or schrek team would end this kind of cocky move, but there are none back there.

[Image: me2-50-1.jpg]

Over to the South, Matteponks last three healthy AFVs are hoping for the best. The IVJ on the left is going to try to area fire the church down. The IV70 will guard the middle, and the IVJ on the right will try to stem the tide of LBs flanking T34s to the right.

[Image: me2-51-1.jpg]

But it's not to be - the green IVJ on the right gets one shot off at the church before a T34 comes knocking. As we've seen elsewhere, the sluggish green crew tries to turn their slow turret in time, but can't.

[Image: me2-52-1.jpg]

Several T34s approach the lone IV70 in the middle - he gets one! But the combined shells coming back at him leave him gun damaged. Now ALL THREE of Matteponk's remaining IV70s are gun damaged. What's the deal? An inherent flaw in that model?

[Image: me2-53-1.jpg]

The last good AFV Matteponk has does everything right - it approaches unbuttoned with a cover arc on "hunt" - spots a T34 at a good angle, fires, penetrates - the crew gives a victory shout. But wait - as the final seconds of the minute tick off the T34 turret starts turning - oh crap - it's still alive! The green crew frantically try to reload before they end up like the others.

[Image: me2-54-1.jpg]
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
12-20-2008, 02:51 PM,
ALL THREE IV70's with gun damage???!!
That's REALLY bad luck! :hissy:
12-21-2008, 01:12 AM,
I'm not sure that it was bad luck. I really think Lord Bane has made a deal with the Devil !
12-21-2008, 12:29 PM,
DEATH OF THE PANZERS

Minute 11:

At town center, one of Matteponk's gun damaged IV70s does something weird. Maybe the AI took over when he tried to back up and hit a patch of woods, but anyway - he takes off crazily into the middle of three T34s - he bounces off four of their 85mm shells before going down. Suicide maybe?

[Image: me2-55-1.jpg]

To the South, the Pz IVJ ends up getting the T34 that was turning on him, and then actually turns to the North and gets another one. But the T34 on the far left gets him - too many incoming shells to survive.

[Image: me2-56-1.jpg]

the 2nd gun damaged IV70 to the South is overcome by T34s rushing past it. The T34 on the left drills it from behind.

[Image: me2-57-1.jpg]

Eleven minutes into the contest Matteponk has only one AFV left, and it is gun damaged. The impotent vehicle sits brooding behind a ridge to the North. The radio operator calls for his comrades, but picks up only static. It's just him against a dozen angry T34/85s!

[Image: me2-58-1.jpg]

Matteponk's infantry have failed to do much of anything so far against the wall of blasting T34s. Brimming with confidence, Lord Bane sends a message to Matteponk:

"Matteponk,
I request that you surrender so that I don't have to mercillessly slay your brave men. They are being butchered for no gain on their part. I have a dozen tanks left and will continue to kill them every turn. They are sitting ducks. It is the only humane thing to do." - Lord Bane
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
12-21-2008, 03:58 PM,
Well done so far to LB. :) I would expect nothing else from him. :bow:
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
12-22-2008, 12:49 AM,
The power of massed armour certainly showed in this battle Eek
MP was VERY unlucky having so many gun damaged tanks within a space of a few turns :(
The village belongs to the Russians! :)
Well played LB cheers
12-22-2008, 05:44 AM,
11 turns to wipe the map clean of German armor... Well, I was pretty close...

Quote:Post#23:
A cataclysmic tank clash within the first 10 turns with Bane coming out +10 tanks at least, followed by the necessarily tedious infantry mop up.
12-22-2008, 06:12 AM,
Mikey_FGM Wrote:11 turns to wipe the map clean of German armor... Well, I was pretty close...

wow - you called it allright, Mikey...