• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE MAIN EVENT II! Lord Bane vs. Matteponk
12-29-2008, 04:56 AM,
RE: THE MAIN EVENT II!
Well, I'm back from christmas celebrations. Have had time to reflect over the sound wipping I got handed to me by the most humble Lord Bane.

First of all, many thanks to the organizer for his excellent work. Next, again congratulations to Lord Bane for his excellent use of massed armor tactics.

What bugs me the most is three things:

1) I had the first pick, and still I chose the germans. The T34/85 was an excellent choice in this fight.

2) I didn't quite remember snow sapping the poor infantrys breath so quickly.

3) Gun damage.

Would have been fun to try the "Ski battalion plus Panther platoon double envelopment tactic". Not sure it would have done the trick though.

Anyway, was great fun!
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2008, 07:04 AM,
I didn't realize until I read the thread after it was all over that I had gotten three gun damage hits on your Jpz IV/70s. Recently I played Mikey in the scenario The Last Offensive. I had five Jpz IV/70s fun head on into a pack of T-34/85s. After sustaining a few hits, three of five of them also took gun damage hits and I was only able to back two of the five off the map to safety. Maybe it is a feature of those vehicles that they are susceptible to gun damage?
It was a great game and thanks again.
Lord Bane
12-29-2008, 01:14 PM,
Hats off to all three of you for a fun read. This has generated great interest in CM and I was able to spot other forums users coming over to read it.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email