• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Strategy Dialog Strategy Question
11-23-2008, 02:56 AM,
Strategy Dialog Strategy Question
If you create a Strategy and then Operations in it, and each operation has different units, does the choice become an "All or Nothing" decision? In other words, say the Operations are One(1st SS Korps), Two (2nd SS Korps) and Three (48th Panzer Korps), I chose Operation Three, are the other two organizations no longer available as reinforcements ever, or is there a way to have them come into the game, but not as soon because I pick Operation Three?
Does this make any sense, anyone....Glen??
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2008, 04:25 AM,
RE: Strategy Dialog Strategy Question
If you wanted to include them in the game you should then add them as a later reinforcement under op 3. Otherwise, if you setup a different strategy with them available also - which may not be possible even - then by picking operation 2 where they do arrive, and then operation 3 from a different strategy choice, you could have the same units twice.

However, I am fairly sure you could only include the units in one strategy choice, which is being the logical way to set it up should work well anyway. So a unit should only be used in one strategy and all options for it laid out in that one. Does that help? Look at how I setup the various choices in the France '40 alternative that David - Tortue Agile - created, in particular for the Allied side.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
11-23-2008, 06:47 AM,
Thanks Ricky B for the help, getting my mind around this scenario building stuff is making my head hurt!
11-23-2008, 03:26 PM,
Zemke Wrote:Thanks Ricky B for the help, getting my mind around this scenario building stuff is making my head hurt!

One thing you might wanna think about is you can Add AI Orders now as part of the S|O and it is a hell of a lot easier to add them when you add the S|O - that is, they are a pain in the a$$ to add after you have the S|O in.

Glenn
Send this user an email
11-25-2008, 02:12 AM,
Thanks Glen

You know you are obsessing over scenario design, when for the entire weekend you have done nothing but work on the scenario from morning till night only coming out to eat.