Help with PLBEM Game in West Front
11-22-2008, 02:15 AM,
RE: Help with PLBEM Game in West Front
hello? anyone?
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-2008, 04:46 AM,
PzIV,

Not sure I can help, it seems you have multiple problems.

First, the Talonsoft version will not work with Vista. Second, I don't think Vista likes to run games in directories under Program Files.

Third, no you can't save the game files in a different directory.

Finally, flamethrowers only work during assaults. You will never 'see' the flames.

If you are running the Matrix version 1.04, I can walk you through the process. Otherwise, I fear there is no way to help.

Rob
11-22-2008, 08:20 AM,
Where to find file go into directory of game click on view then modified you might have to do the modified bit twice and your .bte file should be the first to appear in that directory.
11-22-2008, 09:41 AM,
If you're on Vista you shouldn't be going to the Talonsoft directory, but to Matrix's: C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller's Campaign Series\West Front ("C" being your hard drive). If you installed it somewhere else, go there, but make sure it's the "Matrix Games" directory. The talonsoft game doesn't work in Vista.

Also, if you want an easy way to put the bte files in the West Front directory, merely make a shortcut to the directory on your desktop. To do this, go to the link above on your hard drive, right click on the West Front directory and drag and drop onto the desktop. When you release your mouse you'll have some choices. Choose "create shortcuts here".
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
11-22-2008, 02:26 PM,
Hi PZIV,
Like most other people not sure how to help you. I just save my game with all my west/east or rs files. I just put a !! astrik in front of the name so it appears at the beginning of the folder. I'm not playing on vista, and know that its different than XP I hope that might help. The only other advice I can give is to keep it simple at 1st. Good luck and I hope it all works out.

Chuck
11-23-2008, 06:27 AM,
Flame thrower units are for assualt to simulate their devastating firepower.