• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some statistics
11-14-2008, 05:28 AM,
RE: Some statistics
Otto von Blotto Wrote:In Remko tournament which I am playing in, I didn't use assualts as either the Germans or the Allies, cant speak for the others but not an assualt heavy game I would say.

One of my oppentents did try a few times thou as the allies and got held up for 4 turns trying to take a minor village from a couple of German infantry squads that he should have been able to just brush aside in short order.

I agree, OvB. It's a shoot 'em up and does not rely on assaults. A "shoot and scooter's" paradise.

From another thread:
Huib Wrote:I won't post on the Blitz again. I'm tired of the "word games"

Seems like the front is not supposed to fall off? ;)

Statistics. Liars figure and figures lie? :chin:Whip

We all must be wrong? :smoke:

Ed
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2008, 05:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2008, 05:39 AM by Otto von Blotto.)
Huib Wrote:Not an "assault heavy" scenario? It has several 500 vp urban objectives required for a major victory.
I took them by assaulting in my Allied game. Don't know how you did it though.

The SS troops of Sturmbannführer Siegler and Sturmbannführer Roestel where not brushed aside "in short order" historically either, nor were the Fallschirmjäger of Lovted-Hardegg.

Assaults into urban areas which would had been made improved postions defended by crack troops would be very risky towards the end of the game after fighting your way up the map with a mainly armoured force. I take my hat off to you and your superiour skills.:bow:
11-14-2008, 11:22 AM,
Boy, do I love this stuff.

If you compare ELOs for the players for these 35 games you find:
1) In the first 18 there are 4 games that buck the ELO. In two the allies overcome and in the other two the axis do. All other results follow the ELO predictor.
2) In the more recent 17 games there have been three games that bucked the ELO predictor, and all three favoured the axis side.

I would have to dig deeper to figure out "by how much" the curve has moved. It has moved - though obviously it is not pegged at one end.

umbro