• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Kharkov '43:Manstein Strikes Back (Alt)(jazman version) by jazman.
12-20-2009, 09:21 AM,
RE: Manstein Strikes Back.(jazman version)
Looks good, I'll work on it.
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2009, 09:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-30-2010, 09:27 PM by Mr Grumpy.)
Here's a new German oob to update the Sich. units (a division, and a couple of units in the XXXXth PzK).

Call this version 1.0.2
08-28-2010, 12:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2010, 06:04 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
New version! V1.0.3. Small updates: fixed Unitboxes to use VM's latest, and included pieces from MapMod for those using that. Also updated the PDT to use VM's latest from S42.

This is the full version of the mod, so it's not additive. Read the RTF document for details.
09-15-2010, 03:01 AM,
Hi

I have been following the progress of your mod and really like it.

I would want to play a game on your map, but Iam a bit reluctant to start a campaign as I feel that Russians would not be able to put up a proper fight against the German SS.

What is your experince about playing this map against a human opponent?

And a few observations :
1. Why is the 107th Rifle div (around Garyvoron) C moraled?
2. Why did you give "Papa" Hausser a B. I think that man truly deserves that 'A'! ;)

Sch
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"
12-04-2010, 02:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2010, 02:51 AM by Jazman.)
(09-15-2010, 03:01 AM)Sch Wrote: Hi

I have been following the progress of your mod and really like it.

I would want to play a game on your map, but Iam a bit reluctant to start a campaign as I feel that Russians would not be able to put up a proper fight against the German SS.

What is your experince about playing this map against a human opponent?

And a few observations :
1. Why is the 107th Rifle div (around Garyvoron) C moraled?
2. Why did you give "Papa" Hausser a B. I think that man truly deserves that 'A'! ;)

Sch

Thanks for the kind words, but I only polished up original work that Rick Bancroft did.

I haven't played this head-to-head. I've been interested in any feedback from people, and am happy to incorporate suggestions.

Question 1: I don't remember, although I seem to recall seeing how it was routed and devastated. Maybe I am thinking of another division in this battle. But it seemed compelling to me.

Q2: This was really the first action of SS PzK as a formation, although you'll notice the SS Pz divisions are "A".

I tend to think you are right about the Russians vs. SS, and there is even Wiking down there in the South, but I haven't been able to get a good handle on what Wiking did during this battle, it wasn't part of the SS PzK.
12-04-2010, 05:47 AM,
Wouldnt you be interested in a playtest?

Id gladly take the russian side!

Sch
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"