• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Where do you purchase your military books?
04-27-2009, 11:32 AM,
RE: Where do you purchase your military books?
I spend a lot of money on military books and here is some advice for those interested.

To begin with, I would recommend joining the Military Book Club, if for no other reason than to get their monthly catalogue. This is how I keep up with new releases. I also find they are quite competitive with Amazon and their shippings rates are competitive to.

The best thing about the Military Book Club is their introductory offer. If you were to only buy the books that you are required to, you definitely come out ahead. And if you were to quit after you fulfilled your membership requirement, you'll find another offer to join in your mail box within 6 months.

Powells is pretty good because of their selection. Another good source is abebooks.com which is more of a bookfinder than a book store. This is really a great resource. If you search for a book it will list all copies for sale by all bookstores that are part of this service. There are hundreds, if not thousands of book stores in North America and overseas that use this service. Anyhow, abebooks.com is invaluable, especially if you are looking for hard to find books.
Quote this message in a reply