• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

LEAVE 1.04 ALONE !
11-12-2008, 05:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2008, 05:03 AM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
RE: LEAVE 1.04 ALONE !
Bioman Wrote:Ed has stated many times that he feels that there is a problem with the new assault rules.

No Ed does not find a problem with version 1.04 extreme assault. I am sure that it works as planned.
I believe it is too strong and allows for too much game engine luck/takeover.
And, my sending in files to show what I don't like about it is not going to be met with anything but the same reply?

Bioman Wrote:Remember the fairy tale of the boy who called Wolf. If you keep complaining with no examples people WILL stop listening to you. That is a fact!

We were given the opportunity to state our "concerns". From your comment above you display that you did not understand my questions or comments relating to version 1.04 extreme assault.
Kinda like the boy who said that "the wolf was going bite your a$$" and you thought the boy said that "the wolf was going to buy your gas"? In the end you might not be able to sit even if you could not drive far.

Here's a video that demonstrates what I "feel" when some of the "team" starts up with me. In it I am the interviewer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQCwnoMMqtA

I'm not sure if the interview was an edited fake but, it sure captures how I feel.
I simply would not have to keep pointing out my concerns, if they were not challenged by name calling and every distraction known to man.

Ed
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2008, 05:55 AM,
I tend to agree with Ed and some others that the V1.04 assault rules are too strong in favor of the defender, especially in good defensive terrains and certainly out in the open on a paved road (recalling my example of Tiger II's and grunts trying to steamroll a reduced strength rifle platoon).

I would really like to see something in between.... that is why for now I am playing mostly with the options turned off.

I also would like to think that we has adults can/could have a civil conversation about this and debate through it without personally attacking Ed for offering his opinions on the game, or anyone of us who think to the right or left on this.

As stated - matrix and co. did give us the option to turn things on or off - but fundamentally the argument is that the v1.04 rules are not what they should be.
11-12-2008, 06:46 AM,
I second Tiger 88's points.

Its not about 1.02 assaults verses 1.04 assaults for me. I think 1.02 is too easy for the attacker and 1.04 is to hard for the attacker.

So I don't like either assault rule all that much. So for me it is not about an option box.

For me it is about getting an optimal assult assault rule that pleases most people.

If we have extreme assault rules, could we possibly get a moderate assault rule. More difficulty than 1.02 and less than 1.04?

That's all I am asking for.

Thanx!

Hawk
11-12-2008, 07:28 AM,
Hey Hawk,
I thought that what they were going to do with the assult rules. Some higher power must have decided to give us the option instead of splitting the differance between 1.02 and 1.03/extreme. As I remember at the time that was what was going around. To the delvelpors of the game if re-doing it was too big a pain then you should of said so. I'm not being mean just wanted somebody to be honest about it. I know about 0 when it comes to computers so I don't really know how hard it was to do what you did and how hard it would of been to change everything to middle ground . I really do loke the new graphics and the hidden AT guns adds a new way to defend with a few units.

Chuck
11-12-2008, 09:50 AM,
Hey guys, I started this with my ' objection post'.
Huib, you started the rubbish regarding Ed's initail post.
We admire the work people put in to create Mtrix Edition but, as customers who paid money, we have the right to vent our views.
Those views are are being trampled on by a few as if we are idiots, that is disrespectful and, in a 'virtual World' where we haven't even met each other in reality, in most cases, perhaps we should look at, maybe the other person's view is right, maybe our view is wrong?
regards
Peter
11-12-2008, 08:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-13-2008, 02:40 AM by Steel God.)
glint Wrote:Hey guys, I started this with my ' objection post'.
Huib, you started the rubbish regarding Ed's initail post.
We admire the work people put in to create Mtrix Edition but, as customers who paid money, we have the right to vent our views.
Those views are are being trampled on by a few as if we are idiots, that is disrespectful and, in a 'virtual World' where we haven't even met each other in reality, in most cases, perhaps we should look at, maybe the other person's view is right, maybe our view is wrong?
regards
Peter

Peter,
Don't judge what you don't know about.
I won't post on the Blitz again. I'm tired of the "word games"
Thanks

Huib

Edit: One sentence was removed by me (SG) after it was reported. Critique principles not people please.
11-12-2008, 08:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-13-2008, 06:01 AM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
Edit: Content of post removed by me (SG).

Thanks Paul. :)