• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Newbie Seeking Opponent
11-06-2008, 09:23 PM,
Newbie Seeking Opponent
Hello all!

I just joined this club after being told about it at the Armchair General forums.

I'm looking for an opponent who's willing to play the old Battleground Antietam or Battleground Gettysburg. I have the old versions from back in the day but I believe they are patched to current standards.

I plan on buying the recently released Matrix Games update but haven't yet.

Also, I have never played these games by email but have played other email games. So be gentle :).

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2008, 03:44 AM,
RE: Newbie Seeking Opponent
HiHi

Welcome to the Club & ACW ladder CG.

Fraid I can’t help Gamewise as I’m now on the Matrix version (worth getting ASAP as all the battles are patched up and on 1 disk etc.), but some unsolicitated advise for you, start with the smallest scenario possible, ‘Give them Rocks boys’ of BR is a goodun as it’s only 4 turns.

This does 2 things, gets you out of the dreaded Bootcamp fast, and gives you a feel for the game mechanics etc. before getting down to some real serious battling; also check out the ‘Bits & Bobs for Newbies’ post in ‘Important threads’ there may be some stuff there to help.

If you get really, really stuck for an opponent, drop me a line and I’ll try and find my old Talonsoft games to set you on your way.

Wishing you “Good Luck & Good Hunting”.

All the Best
Peter
11-08-2008, 06:03 PM,
Hi Peter

Thanks for the welcome. I've played the Talonsoft Battleground games numerous times vs the AI. I'm just ready to play against a human opponent.

I have PBEM experience just not with the Talonsoft games. I've played SSI's Decisive Battles of WWII numerous times by email. The PBEM system for the Battleground games looks somewhat difficult compared to what I'm used to. But I REALLY want to play against a human opponent!

Maybe I can shoot for the updated Matrix versions for a Christmas giftBig Grin.

I appreciate the offer to dig out your old games. I'd like to get out of boot camp so I may need to accept!

Regards,

Chuck
11-10-2008, 04:49 AM,
HiHi

OK CG let me no when desperate :-)

All the Best
Peter
03-12-2009, 07:52 AM,
Finally got my copy of the John Tiller Battleground Civil War battlepack and ready for someone who is willing to help me sort out a pbem game. I need to get out of bootcamp.

Thanks

Chuck
03-22-2009, 03:23 PM,
Are you still looking for an opponent? If so, go ahead and send me a scenario. Any Battleground (matrix) game will do. My email is [email protected]

Regards

Dennis
03-25-2009, 05:15 PM,
Hi Dennis!

Thanks for the game offer! Sent you the file. Hope I did everything right. Let me know.

Regards,

Chuck