• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

OBJECTION !!!!
11-04-2008, 11:02 PM,
RE: OBJECTION !!!!
Ed to me your posts are void of substance. I doubt if anybody here really understands what you are trying to point out. You are no developer of the game and nobody forces you to play 1.04.
Do you really think anybody who is involved in the development of the game is going to listen to you when you use words like "they hijacked the game", "it sucks", "they painted a moustache on the mona lisa" and you use comments on the new scenarios like " this is the worst I've ever played" and : "one of the worst" etc etc while ALL other comments are positive. Nothing but negativety comes from you and negative responses you are getting because of that.
Over the years i've noticed your posts have been full of offensive references and punches below the belt, hidden subtle between the lines whether they were directed to me, to Curt or anyone else who dared to disagree with you. It's obivious that Randy is one of the few who sees through you and your false pretence. I am glad he has the guts to say what he thinks.
You contribute nothing. If Jason politely asks an example file, you can't deliver it. I think you should get your Talonsoft disks and move on.

Huib
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2008, 11:55 PM,
MrRoadrunner Wrote:We have had our game changed. It was "tested" and "game played" by those who work for Matrix or are part of their volunteer "team". I have no interest in sending in files that I think show what is wrong with the game. Most, if not all, should have been found during testing? What will anyone see who thinks that there is nothing wrong to begin with?

Ed:

I support and defend your right (as well as other club members' rights) to post their views and thoughts on CS in these forums following the posting rules. I believe you raise valid points that need to be discussed in a civil and respectable manner. The thread in question started off with a good, robust discussion that deteriorated into name calling and personal attacks. That was wrong.

However, what I don't understand is why you refuse to cooperate and work with Jason and Matrix to identify "suspect" ver. 1.04 game mechanics - especially the ver. 1.04 assault rules.

Why don't you send your game files to Jason?

I would send my files;, but to be honest, I have not experienced "suspect" game mechanics with the ver. 1.04 assault rules. Harder to assault... yes! But too extreme - maybe? I need to get more CS games under my belt before I'm ready to cry "foul."
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
11-05-2008, 04:19 AM,
Ed:
I support your right to have an opinion on the latest version of the game and your desire to have changes made. What I do not understand is you claim the game is broken but you refuse to send game turns in with specific examples of what the problems are.

I repair equipment and the worst complaint is that something is broken and does not work right. This explains nothing. By sending in the game files that have been requested it allows someone to see exactly what you are saying the problem is. They may not be able to understand your explanation of your take on the problem but hopefully a game file will give the visual identification needed to see if a problem actually exists and to act on it if it does. They may not see it as a problem but they should be able to give you a detailed explanation of why it happened. Remember a picture is worth a thousand words.

I too have not played that many games with the new version so I have no idea if there really is a problem with the assault rules nor have any of opponents complained to me about them. That being said that does not mean that there are no problems just that I have not noticed them.

If you have not noticed by now your constant complaints of the game being broken and then not providing requested information are getting you nowhere. Maybe all of the problems should have been noticed and fixed before the new version was released. Maybe the problems exist and maybe they do not, I don't know.

While this message is somewhat rambling it was not meant as an attack on you nor do I have any vested interest in Matrix.
11-05-2008, 04:59 AM,
I read through the thread before posting my first complaint. I'm sorry but Ed's first post was personally attacked straight away and I found it deteriorated with some comments off base and directed at him. As someone else said, the thread was removed so all the sensible discussion has been lost for good, unless someone starts it again.
I personally feel no more desire to participate as I believe any negative comments about the game will be pounced on immediately by a few and strangle any sensible debate?
Sorry but that's how I see it from here.
Peter
11-05-2008, 06:13 AM,
It's been a long, long time since I was on the CS ladder, don't even have the games anymore, but am contemplating getting the latest bunch and get back into it just because I read somewhere there are new units and rules that slow the game down a little, sounds interesting to me. Call me a freak, I don't care, but I have a craving for variety and detail and as much realism as one can get into a game without going overboard.

Free speech, you bet, that's one of the big things a lot of people have fought and died for.

Closing a thread because some people are going at it.....NO!!! If nothing else I find it to be another form of entertainment myself.

Thin skinned - If you have it, you don't need to be in anything that could get confrontational......hmmmmmm, war, conflict, confrontation, basically anything involving competition. Just take your ball, go home and play solitaire.

Balance, who cares!?!? I'm in a couple of games where I feel it is against me, but I play because I want to play, it provides a different challenge to try and figure out a way around it. I'm by no means a great player, or even a good one, but I am persistant, stubborn etc to a point more than most others I think, just ask my wife Big Grin

Also remember that these games are somewhat of a simulation of war and of all the books I have ever read, I don't recall enemy commanders getting together and working out any kind of compromise to make the upcoming fight a balanced one.

If the new version changes the status of the old scenarios, I can only see that as a good thing. It gives them more variety now instead of playing one for the hunredth time and doing the same old thing over and over would get boring. For me personally that is why I almost never do the same thing when playing a previously played scenario from the same side.

For all involved, I say thank you for providing me with some interesting entertainment. :smoke:

cheers
11-05-2008, 07:01 AM,
mwest Wrote:Ed:

I support and defend your right (as well as other club members' rights) to post their views and thoughts on CS in these forums following the posting rules. I believe you raise valid points that need to be discussed in a civil and respectable manner. The thread in question started off with a good, robust discussion that deteriorated into name calling and personal attacks. That was wrong.

However, what I don't understand is why you refuse to cooperate and work with Jason and Matrix to identify "suspect" ver. 1.04 game mechanics - especially the ver. 1.04 assault rules.

Why don't you send your game files to Jason?

I would send my files;, but to be honest, I have not experienced "suspect" game mechanics with the ver. 1.04 assault rules. Harder to assault... yes! But too extreme - maybe? I need to get more CS games under my belt before I'm ready to cry "foul."

Mike,
I appreciate your opinion.
I think Jason and the boys know what they are doing.
I've exchanged e-mails with most of the crew, including the programmer.

It is not a simple matter of just sending files. I play so many games and have conversation with my opponents. I never keep the files. As a creature of habit I'm not going to save files.
Even the one that was sent, was answered by, "why didn't you do it right". It was not a matter of putting in the 'eye of knute and tongue of frog, chanting boogity boogity, while spinning backwards' to have a successful assault that makes the game a "realistic simulation" or fun?
Files tell them what? I'm told that "I don't do it right", and I begin to feel that I am wasting my time taking that route. Seeing what was wrong was for their "beta team", programmer, play testers, etc to do? Matrix is making money off the game? Let them do their job?

This is not about glitches or bugs. This is about the formulae they use which is so random/difficult, in the right conditions, that it takes the "fun out of playing" for me and others.
My opponents are free to send in copies of the files.

If I want a second job I'll need to get paid, or my wife will complain! :rolleyes:

cheers

Ed
11-05-2008, 07:09 AM,
Huib Wrote:You contribute nothing. If Jason politely asks an example file, you can't deliver it. I think you should get your Talonsoft disks and move on.

Huib

I'll kindly ask you to not tell me or anyone else what to do.
You are one that has had personal attack posts removed from this forum.

Where I come from we can express our opinions. I've not told you to not express yours.
I wish you would not tell me to not express mine.

Besides your attacks against me, you have not added to the debate.
You do not understand what the debate is even about? You go along with "circle the wagons and shut Ed up" crowd?

That is truly sad. I would expect more from someone who wants to come off as one who is educated.

This will be my last response to you. I'd love to have an ignore button. You could push it and not read my posts if they bother you so?

RR
11-05-2008, 07:11 AM,
glint Wrote:I read through the thread before posting my first complaint. I'm sorry but Ed's first post was personally attacked straight away and I found it deteriorated with some comments off base and directed at him. As someone else said, the thread was removed so all the sensible discussion has been lost for good, unless someone starts it again.
I personally feel no more desire to participate as I believe any negative comments about the game will be pounced on immediately by a few and strangle any sensible debate?
Sorry but that's how I see it from here.
Peter

Sorry Peter. I did not think it would come to this. :(

cheers

Regards,

Ed
11-05-2008, 10:18 AM,
I'm sorry Ed you attacked me calling me names in the previous thread and have conjured up this fantasy that I am building straw armies now. I mentioned that your attitude and the manner in which you present your "discussions" here at the club as a bit overwhelming in agenda and sarcasms. You are disrespectful in your terminology and presentation towards any of the people you continually described as vested interests of the series. Please note this is not an attack, but an observation so let's not twist things around now.

It gets a bit disturbing and silly that you cannot realize that not one of us here on the beta team have any monies tangled into this series. Our only interests involved are OUR time and EFFORT.. even Wyatt, the main programmer was not making a single nickel last time I checked, so get off your high horse on the idea and stop calling our efforts trash, then we'll start giving you some serious consideration for discussion.
Until then realize your attitude just plain stinks the place up and we're all tired of smelling the stench you reek.

You constantly attack people who attempt to set the record straight with examples of questionable purpose and cannot find the time to back your complaints with facts or evidence. You even state you cannot find the time to save files and send them, yet you can spend hours responding with the perky little stabs and blow smoke up everyone's arse with this cantankerous and repetitive protesting week after week.

You want to discuss something, discuss it like an adult in a constructive manner and you'll be surprised of the response one might get. I'm a firm believer that you deserve to be treated in the manner in which you represent your arguments in.

I also find your comments about me unwarranted and unsubstantiated, so I suggest you steer clear of forming a debate evolving around these false claims as this is not the place for such conversations. If you want to press the buttons, you do it in an email or PM me and I'll gladly give you the condensed version of just what I think about your recent activity in this club.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
11-05-2008, 10:47 AM,
Sad, that members can use the ignore button but it is overrided by the Mod/supemod status of the one you really wish to ignore.

I may not have the button to use, but, I will use my "free will button" to ignore any taunts and attempts to engage by the supermod with the power to remove me from the club or my posts from the forum. Sorry to see that others have decided to stop posting rather than endure that wrath.

I have no interest in hearing from the supermod in any personal manner. I will only respond to each and every post by honest posters who have CS as the lead and are not putting their own personal agendas before all else. I was hoping the owner would intervene or the defacto owner in abstentia step in to tone down the attack posts by a member of the officer staff here at The Blitz. This has been commented upon and noted by other "ordinary" members.

All this has come down before on another ladder forum. I will not be sucked into the whirlwind that some "others" determine to establish.
I will stay within posting rules and not put myself in danger of being arbitrarily sanctioned again.

I have attacked no one personally. I wish all, who wish me ill, well. It is only a game and an internet gaming club? It surely is not life and death?
I would only consider my personal liberty as a life and death issue. No one here could take that away so I feel O.K.

RR