Vietnam
Eagles Strike

Only thru ebay.

Thx,

Daroc Eek
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2008, 05:43 PM,
RE: Ebay Sale
Why?...your not having an epiphiny are you?
10-26-2008, 05:44 PM,
Why?...your not having war gaming epiphany are you?
10-26-2008, 06:26 PM,
Is there an echo in here.

... in here
10-30-2008, 05:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-30-2008, 06:15 PM by Daroc.)
Hi,

I never played them only have 3-4 games recorded on this site since I got them.

I need money

Thx,

Daroc
10-30-2008, 06:11 PM,
Hi,

One other note and this is personal - I didn't have the patience to play the game the way it should be played. I knew the game was great but try as I might I could never spend the time to play out a long campaign.

It mostly the time needed to invest that I could never wrap my head around. I admire you grog's. I been a luker for years could never get more then even a pinkie into the water let alone actually swim.

I am a semi-retired systems analyst and remember my first computer was a C-64. I have upgraded my machine around every 1.5 yrs to just 6mos from bleeding edge.

The time it takes to get back into a game and then spend what 1-2 hrs just to make one turn - forget about it.

When I relax now I do digital art and that is way more expensive to startup then any wargame startup collection. I bought a Wacom Tablet, Adobe Photoshop CS3, Adobe Premiere CS4, & Corel Painter X.

There will eventually be compesation for this expensive hobby.

I spent more time reading the boards just because it didn't take forever and a day.

I still own some games - I just haven't played any in the last 8mos.
Can't get any money for them so why try to sell.

My interests have drastically changed over the past 2yrs.

I was once playing EQ, FFIX, & WOW most of the day & night (5yrs ago).

Now if I'm not learning something new or trying something new then I am out working.

I have enjoyed this part of life more then most of the game parts of my life.

It is time for me to more on. I held the games for over two years and kept getting more of them during that period hoping that I would eventually swim - didn't happen.

I started to play the AI which is pretty dumb - the farthest I got was maybe 3 days into a 2wk campaign.

CMBO, CMBB, & CMAK are the same to me - all the waypointing don't have the patience for it.

I do like SOSE and will maybe play more of it cause I just played a few small games. I understand that the AI is easy to figure out after getting used to it. I still like what I played so far and the game ends in like 3hrs.

Oh well I am not dumping on you guys. I really do admire the determination and drive to finish all those campaigns.

carryon - that is all

Daroc
10-31-2008, 05:59 AM,
Daroc,

With a few games completed and posted in the DB, you will eventually move to the inactive ranks. You will be welcome to come and pick up a game here and there if the mood strikes you. Feel free to visit the MB's anytime.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
10-31-2008, 01:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-31-2008, 01:27 PM by Daroc.)
Hi,

I have been told don't use or say never & always.

So anything is possible - and this is the best gaming club forum I have seen thats why I lurked for so long.

Most boards have stupid rants and such - these get really old.

You gamers are the best mannered, most helpful when needed and not all that into pissing matches.

When I was starting out I had help from Mike Boden and If I could have stuck it out I would have learned much from his mentoring.

As a bonus you have a game guru monitoring this board - I am speaking about Glenn of course.

Take care I will be back some.

Daroc

PS DS I dig the signage