• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Moscow '41 - Battle for Rzhev by Joseph Alberti
10-26-2008, 01:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2010, 09:27 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
Moscow '41 - Battle for Rzhev by Joseph Alberti
Moscow '41 - Battle for Rzhev
On October 2, 1941, the German Army initiated Operation Typhoon with the intent of driving easterward towards Moscow and take the city before the onset of winter. The southern attack focused on the cities of Vyazma and Bryansk. The northern attack was an attack eastward to take the city of Rzhev. Rzhev was a key rail and supply center on the path to Moscow. In this scenario, the German XXIII Army Corps is given the task to take the city. Soviet 24th and 31st Armies form the defense. This is the first in a series of battles lasting until 1943 in what would be called the "Rzhev Meatgrinder."

Large Scenario 100 turns, Designer Joseph Alberti

Download Scenario Files

Any feedback you have on this scenario can be posted in this thread.
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2009, 07:23 AM,
RE: Moscow '41 - Battle for Rzhev
I am on turn 46 in this battle,its prity good but as the Axis I just start to cry when I see how far I have to go!! Getting through these damn woods and swamp has slowed my advance to a snail pace.And With fatigue building you just have to stop and rest.

I hope to get Rzhev but I dout it,unless all the Russians have run away!! lol
03-31-2009, 02:25 AM,
I have just finished playing , I gave up on turn 60.

A few points to think about is this.

1) I think the axis forces need to be deployed a bit closer.My forces only move at 2 hexs a turn so its just to far to go even if there were no Russians I could not get there in time.

2)The axis forces should be deployed to the east of the first river, and cut back on the swamps.

3) Storms are ok but we had 10 turns of them, my HQ,s became stuck in swamps so could not move at all.

4) with no reinforcements and very little scope for movement it bacame a WW1 head on bash,my troops picked up a lot of fatigue points and had little time to rest.
04-02-2009, 03:41 PM,
The scenario has been created in the scenario DB. Game results can now be posted.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp