• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Frustrated in Sicily - any grognards out there?
10-23-2008, 09:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2008, 10:00 AM by Hadge.)
Frustrated in Sicily - any grognards out there?
A cry for info !

First time on the campaingn trail (trial) on and in the big island .......

Why are my 2nd Arm'd Mech Inf boys (who are currently "on foot") not deciding to go back into thier vehicles despite being un-disrupted, in suppy, stacked with the HQ (for 2 turns), unfatiqued and generaly, in all ways fathomable, being in good nick???

Any input gratefully accepted....

Any help would be great from he who continues to wander around the island without trucks .... and is flumuxed...

cheers

Chris
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2008, 10:25 AM,
RE: Frustrated in Sicily - any grognards out there?
Have you tried both the Regimental and Divisional HQ's?
10-23-2008, 10:51 AM,
Hi Michael

there isnt a div Hq on the map, and the offending unit is stacked with its imeadiate HQ, which should be " job done " - hence my query

still frustrated !

Chris
10-23-2008, 11:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2008, 12:00 PM by Jazman.)
Hadge Wrote:A cry for info !

First time on the campaingn trail (trial) on and in the big island .......

Why are my 2nd Arm'd Mech Inf boys (who are currently "on foot") not deciding to go back into thier vehicles despite being un-disrupted, in suppy, stacked with the HQ (for 2 turns), unfatiqued and generaly, in all ways fathomable, being in good nick???

Any input gratefully accepted....

Going way way back here, I remember having the exact same problem once with that exact same unit. I am not kidding. And for the life of me I can't remember how it got resolved. There is some weirdness to those HQs in the CCA/B/R. Try the CCA(B,R) HQ as well, and those answer to some Corps HQ, there is no division HQ for them.

But I just tested with scenario 0712_01, put the D/2-41 Inf Battalion on foot, moved it to the HQ 41st Arm Inf, and next turn it was back mechanized.
10-23-2008, 12:21 PM,
Don't be frustrated - just be patient.

As a designer this was a really tricky situation because the unit actually arrived without the HT. To simualte this I added a Btl HQ for this formation. This unit will arrive 1943 7 12 at 0800 which seems like a long time to wait, but then again had I not done this, the US would have had a very mobile unit in play much earlier than was the case.

My Alternatives were to make this unit permanently a foot unit or delay the units arrival, maybe make it a variable arrival, but then you wouldn't have a foot unit as early as the Allies had it.

So I did all I could do - unfortunately there was no way to communicate that the HQ was coming later in the scn.

Anyway - use the units til the morning of the 12th and their HQs will arrive with the Btln HQ. Stack the uits with this HQ when it arrives and you will have your HTs.

Glenn
Send this user an email
10-23-2008, 04:10 PM,
Glenn Saunders Wrote:So I did all I could do - unfortunately there was no way to communicate that the HQ was coming later in the scn.
When i played my first Sicily CG i had to post the very same question, as Glenn said you don't realise that there is another HQ in the chain of command, i fact i think i reported it as a bug. :)

So hang in there mate, your Ht's are on order! Big Grin
10-23-2008, 07:47 PM,
Hi All

I just knew there was an answer somewhere !!

Thanks for the info ..and I look forward 0800 12/7/43 !!

Darran - I though it was very kind of you to specially order all those HT's for me ;))

BTW - Its my first time out with this CG - I'm really enjoying it - all credit to the designers and HPS

cheers

C
10-24-2008, 02:29 AM,
Hadge Wrote:Darran - I though it was very kind of you to specially order all those HT's for me ;))

BTW - Its my first time out with this CG - I'm really enjoying it - all credit to the designers and HPS

Chris, i forgot to ask, is a light shade of pink OK for you? Or are you going to lump for boring green? :smoke:

I agree, i really like the stock CG, i am about to try out Volcano's Alt version.
10-25-2008, 05:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-25-2008, 05:04 AM by Dog Soldier.)
I think the solution Glenn came up with was very elegant from a design POV. This shows just how robust this game engine is.

But how do you communicate that to the commader on the island? Again the simulation worked well. The commander on the scene is chewing butt asking where are his missing HT. Some navy liaison officer is trying to locate the exact LST with the HT on it. Shells are flying. Radio communication with the beach head and logistics types is spotty and misunderstood messages happen. The whole issue becomes FUBAR!

Sounds like something that could really happen in WW2!

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp