• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

#30z - Normandy Campaign Balanced (6 June - 19 August) by Michael Tonks
09-23-2008, 03:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2011, 05:55 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
#30z - Normandy Campaign Balanced (6 June - 19 August) by Michael Tonks
#30z - Normandy Campaign Balanced (6 June - 19 August)
This is the stock 750 turn monster scenario with adjustments made for play balance. The following changes have been made. Air interdiction reduced to 20% and effectiveness reduced to 15%. Breakdown values reduced to 5 for both sides. Improved Position and Trench effectiveness increased to -15% and -30% respectively. Victory levels completely overhauled and more in line with a game of this length. Far fewer objective hexes but with much higher point values and located much further to the south. Generally they are located to reward the Allied player as his bridgehead expands. Map exit victory hexes have been added to reward a successful 'breakout'. Storms are now possible with the new weather.dat file from 11th June to the end of July. With very high chances of storm from the 19th June to the 22nd June in line with historical weather. It is highly recommended that programmed weather is used. The odd storm will hinder the Allied advance and give the German player some much needed respite. Many thanks to the original designers for creating such a great game. Warning: The weather.dat file in this version has a possibility of storms. The stock version does not.

Large Scenario 750 Turns, Designer Michael Tonks

Download Scenario Files

Any comments you would like to leave about this scenario can be posted in this thread.
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2009, 07:18 AM,
RE: Normandy Campaign (June/July/August) Balanced
I just completed a game as Allied and I feel I need to make life a little tougher for the Allies in the first few days. Too easy for them to get off the beach and surge inland. I will look at this scenario again after my WSF project.
Quote this message in a reply