• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Admiral's Addition
10-23-2008, 04:21 AM,
Admiral's Addition
I have looked over at Matrix for news when the Admiral's Addition will come out, and saw nothing definite. Anyone heard any news?

I have been putting off starting a WITP game because I didn't want to get into a long term commitment using WITP if AD was going to be out soon. The problem is, I am getting the WITP itch pretty bad due to a book I am reading on the War in the Pacific.
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2008, 04:30 AM,
RE: Admiral's Addition
Zemke Wrote:I have looked over at Matrix for news when the Admiral's Addition will come out, and saw nothing definite. Anyone heard any news?

I have been putting off starting a WITP game because I didn't want to get into a long term commitment using WITP if AD was going to be out soon. The problem is, I am getting the WITP itch pretty bad due to a book I am reading on the War in the Pacific.

Not a word Patrick on the Admirals Edition.

If you want to start one let me know.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
10-23-2008, 05:03 AM,
The Matrix guys keep release dates pretty close to the chest until the software goes Gold. From there, I think they said it is about 4-6 weeks before it goes on sale.

I've been reading the AE development forum pretty closely, and it seems like they are still testing the AI pretty heavy, and they have referred to the "latest build" within the last 2 weeks which suggests to me that they are still in the development phase, not just chasing the final bugs.

I get the sense that they are getting somewhat close, but I don't think the release is imminent. Probably really late this year, or early next. I suppose a "natural" time to shoot for would be Dec 7ish, but I just don't get the sense that they are working towards any specific date yet.
10-23-2008, 05:27 AM,
I can see my war-gaming time getting sucked into the black hole of WITP. Tony I may take you up on the offer, let me think on it.
10-23-2008, 06:10 AM,
While more hexes and more units will take more time, hopefully some of the interface changes will make turns take less time.

Of course, that won't help with the all-consuming nature of planning that next invasion...

or contemplating where your opponent's carriers are now, or whether you plotted the location of your own carrier's correctly in the last turn to get strikes in without getting hit in return...

or planning where you're going to use the Tonies that start producing next month (not realizing that even after they start producing it takes forever to build up the pool to start replacing squadrons that then have to repair the new aircraft all while your Oscar squadrons are getting creamed going up against the AVG in Burma)...

or ... :censored:

Alright maybe AE will be the ultimate wargaming black hole, and I spend 45+ minutes a turn now. Sigh, my wife is gonna kill me... :kill:
10-23-2008, 12:12 PM,
Zemke Wrote:I can see my war-gaming time getting sucked into the black hole of WITP. Tony I may take you up on the offer, let me think on it.

OK mate !
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West