• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MapMod
10-30-2008, 06:18 PM,
RE: MapMod
Dog Soldier Wrote:Jison,
If you would like I will find a way to host your work here on the blitz server. Just give me your permission in and email with a list of the files and links. I am not sure all your work is in this one thread.

Dog Soldier
FYI there is a link to his site in the "things everyone should know" sticky thread.
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2008, 07:37 PM,
Dog Soldier Wrote:Jison,
If you would like I will find a way to host your work here on the blitz server. Just give me your permission in and email with a list of the files and links. I am not sure all your work is in this one thread.

Dog Soldier

Thanks for the offer, Dog Soldier. I still have room for maybe 6 or 7 future titles on the server, so it isn't desperate just yet. But sooner or later it will be, and then it is good to know I have options.
cheers

Jison
Send this user an email
11-04-2008, 06:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-04-2008, 06:44 AM by Jison.)
Ooops... I replaced outdated images on my site today and all old images and screenshots went into the trash real fast, including those in this thread. :whis: Sorry about that...

Jison - the speedy broom.
Send this user an email
11-05-2008, 08:48 AM,
To err is human.....

To really mess up, you need a computer.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
11-09-2008, 01:20 AM,
von Nev: "The thing that I find hard right now is getting used to the bunker/pillbox/trench/improved mods. The visual difference, at least on my monitor, seems very small."

I have reworked these a bit, and it should be a little easier to see the difference now for those having trouble with it before.

Liebchen: "Jison, would it be possible to add a "download all" link?"

This time you dont have to download 17 separate titles all over again Eek if you already have the latest files - I have prepared a smaller 'patch' for these new changes. What can I say - I'm a really really nice guy... Big Grin

http://web.telia.com/~u87221892/

Jison
Send this user an email
11-15-2008, 01:15 PM,
I have this now installed on France 40. Going to try a campaign with this mod. I like the changes with the bunkers/trenches/etc.

Thanks again for the hard work!

Marty
11-23-2008, 03:09 AM,
If I may offer a last suggestion.

I am playing a F40 Grand Campaign and what I noticed is that it is a little hard to see the difference between a river and a stream. With all the rivers and streams across France and the importance of the river defenses it is really important to quickly see where rivers end and streams start. I have found myself clicking on a hex and looking in the unit box on the left to confirm.

Only suggestion would be to make the streams smaller (less wide).

Thanks again for a great mod.

Marty
11-23-2008, 05:45 AM,
Someone else also suggested something like this a while ago. I didn't agree then, and I'm afraid I don't agree now. I think the waterways are fine just as they are.
However, I am well known for changing my mind periodically, so my opinion on this isn't exactly carved in stone. We'll see...
Anyone else having trouble with this? :chin:

Anyway, I'm glad you like the mod, and thanks for your feedback - it's appreciated.

Jison
Send this user an email
11-23-2008, 05:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-23-2008, 05:58 AM by Sgt Fury.)
Streams/Rivers/Canals are the only part of the mod I don't use. I replace them with one of the other mods, which, while not as good, shows a clear difference on the map through different "water" colors or textures.

An awesome piece of work by the way...many thanks.

Fury
11-23-2008, 06:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-23-2008, 06:04 AM by Bushido.)
I like very much this mode but I have big problems with seeing difference between streams/rivers/ canals. Jison perhaps You can do something with this?

As it stands now I have gone back to stock map in some titles. Rivers is as always very important in PZC.