• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MapMod
10-17-2008, 07:30 AM,
RE: MapMod
I really like parts of this mod, but the lack of differentiation over terrain height is a disadvantage for Sicily in my view. Any reason to make the underlying contour colours so close? I think my personal taste will be met by a bit of selective extracting. Appreciate all the work though.
Regards
Andrew
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2008, 08:21 AM,
In part I actually agree with you, which may sound strange as it was me that made it this way. The reason behind it is simply that I hate a map with elevations looking like the steps in a stair. It gives the map a very artifical look, and becomes a twisted representation of the real area. But I too can feel the disadvantage with the soft elevation sometimes, so I have it in my 'look-into' list so to speak... MapMod is an ongoing thing and I aim for it to be both pleasing for the eye and practical when playing.

Jison
Send this user an email
10-17-2008, 03:44 PM,
I use the mods but not the terrian, the colour changes for different hights is very hard to see. I like the rest of the mod.
10-17-2008, 09:25 PM,
Ok guys, I get the message. I will look it over for my next update...

Jison
Send this user an email
10-18-2008, 08:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-18-2008, 08:36 AM by Volcano Man.)
Well, I don't know, I like the terrain color changes just fine. I am with Jison here, I hate how the drastic color changes of the stock game make a relatively flat area look like the Alps. The less drastic color change still gives a good impression on major elevation changes, but if I want to know minute elevation differences then I always turn on contour lines and do a little left click info box investigation. In short, I don't think it should change or if it did change then it shouldn't be much.

The fact is, not everyone will be happy. It just all comes down to making the mod how you really want it. I gave up trying to please everyone years ago. The fact that I may be pleasing everyone is purely accidental. ;)
Send this user an email
10-18-2008, 08:58 AM,
Accidental?!?! OK Ed, then just keep going with those "accidents."
10-18-2008, 09:35 AM,
Ok, lets compromise then... I increase the color difference enough to annoy those who likes it as it is, but not quite enough to make those who prefer more change happy. Big Grin

Jison
Send this user an email
10-18-2008, 05:15 PM,
Jison Wrote:Ok, lets compromise then... I increase the color difference enough to annoy those who likes it as it is, but not quite enough to make those who prefer more change happy. Big Grin

Jison

LOL
10-23-2008, 02:53 PM,
This mapmod is really great but for me it does take some getting used to. I am "testing" it in my K43 Ostkrieg tourney game before I implement it in all my games.

The thing that I find hard right now is getting used to the bunker/pillbox/trench/improved mods. The visual difference, at least on my monitor, seems very small.

I really like the mod regardless. Well done.

Marty
10-23-2008, 04:16 PM,
As i said to Jison over at Vmods forum he will never satisfy everybody, but going by the comments at both forums there are a lot of players who love his work and he can use the feedback to improve the Mod further. :)