• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Reflections on Sicily
10-11-2008, 04:36 AM,
RE: Reflections on Sicily
Glenn Saunders Wrote:just a little more on HQs.

The ability to regenerate is dependant upon the Quality - so low quality Italian HQs won't come back very fast and if this was aDiv HQ for a Inf (non - Coastal Div I mean) then I myself wouldn't want to part with that HQ.

As for the German HQs - and I am not looking at the OOB so they may even have RHQ units - but a formation will not recover from discrupt or low supply ect with an HQ so I certainly wouldn't want this to happen with the German Units.

The bottom line guys is we can't legislate against stipidity - we tryu to make the rules to encourage people to use units historically. The last round of changes to HQs were done to help push things in this direction - IE no ZOC, no digging in for HQ ect. I really don't know if it is a good thing to go further.

Glenn

Could you add some fatigue to all units to simulate the confusion of losing an HQ? Say 25 for the Regiment HQ, 50 for Division etc?
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2008, 04:56 AM,
Al Wrote:
Ricky B Wrote:You don't just throw in a grenade and destroy an entire dump.

Unless, of course, they're using the vaunted "blinding grenades" Eek
Seriously, you bring up a lot of valid points. cheers
Good one Al Big Grin. I forgot about the blinding grenades over the tank gun barrel, they should do something useful in a supply dump also!

cheers
[Image: exercise.png]
10-11-2008, 05:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-11-2008, 05:38 AM by Dog Soldier.)
Deploy enough blinding grenades and the enemy can not see the supply dump unless adjacent regardless of visibility. Any vehicle can not see the supply dump at any range due to blinder grenades being deployed on the gun barrels. :laughing:

In urban terrain the vehicle loss in the pdt due to mechanical failure is doubled when blinder grenades are used by defending infantry. this simulates vehicles running into buildings, fountains in the marketplaces etc.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
10-11-2008, 05:43 AM,
Glenn Saunders Wrote:The last round of changes to HQs were done to help push things in this direction - IE no ZOC, no digging in for HQ ect. I really don't know if it is a good thing to go further.

Glenn

And the fact that they have an increased chance of disrupting when hit by arty, these were much needed and well thought out changes IMO. ;)
10-11-2008, 03:58 PM,
Thanks guys. A lot of good points being made.

With regard to destroying supply dumps I like the idea of making this an action for Engineer units only, similar to bridge destruction. This should not be instant but take quite a while.