• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Partners dropping of
10-03-2008, 04:36 PM,
Partners dropping of
I am playing a number of games with a number of partners. Well, playing... It usually starts well, a turn a day, but then something happens and some partners drop off without a notification.

One of them sends a turn once in 5-7 days, and this is still not too bad.
I am waiting for a turn from another one since the 27th of September.
Yet another one didn't send anything since the 20th, and there's still like 60 turns to go.
The champion is Viridomaros, of course, he has disappeared on the 27th of June without saying a word.

It spoils the fun of it, mates! Fiery Hard to remember what I was planning a week ago. It is also annoying to realise that an interesting start may lead to nothing.

What shall I do? Perhaps after some time I should claim a forfeit victory, which I yesterday did for Viridomaros, sending an e-mail to Antony (I don't know the exact procedure)? Please understand that I am looking not for some more points but for interesting games with responsible people, mates. I understand that at times we all become unavailable, that happens to me too, but one can always warn his partners. If awarding forfeit victories helps in stimulating regular exchange of turns, I am only for it.
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2008, 04:35 AM,
RE: Partners dropping of
You're right, Andris, it's irritating, and greatly reduces the enjoyment of our hobby! Hopefully you'll find some good gaming partners who are more reliable!

If you want to forward your email to me (as Antoni is between computers right now), I'll be happy to approve your forfeit claim. Just tell me which scenario, how many moves had been made, date of last move, and if you tried to contact your tardy opponent, by email or message board.
10-11-2008, 08:39 PM,
Hello,

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused. I had a Really bad Virus attack, it took me some time to recover from it. Though i believe my computer isn't 100% safe yet. My msn keeps sending suspicious messages to my friends :mad:
Vulcain told me that you were looking for me, couldn't find your Add anymore.

Anyway you have done the right thing by taking a forfeit win, i think it's fair to do so unless your opponent had told you something about it. Here you got no news as you said and i i didn't mail anything to you for months.

Once again sorry for this.
PS: I'm not the champion, Mantis on SZO has disappeared for years Cry. It's sad but that's something that come along with pbem play i suppose. I have had quite a few drops as well.
10-11-2008, 10:40 PM,
Thanks for checking in with us, we're happy to have you back, and hope you get your computer cleaned up!
10-20-2008, 05:41 AM,
Welcome back!
Hope it will be better now. :)