• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Oil and Water
10-01-2008, 06:46 AM,
RE: Oil and Water
seabolt Wrote:
Deadeye Wrote:If it's a parade ground, will you take time out to give the locals a parade? Big Grin

No, but if it's a rodeo arena, I am so there! Cowgirls in starched Wranglers, mmmmm.

-- 30 --

It is a rodeo arena and the military works the rodeo - no training required according to the powers that be. The only females are military and as such have been issued the standard military frame - short and dumpy with big asses. The only way they get laid is when the boys have been in the field for 3 months or Mr. J.D. comes to visit.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2008, 07:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2008, 10:18 AM by seabolt.)
Weasel Wrote:the military works the rodeo - no training required according to the powers that be.
Well, in western Canada, that would be something like training U.S. recruits to use an iPod, wouldn't it? I come from a family where so many of the elderly men were missing their left thumbs* that you'd think we have a genetic mutation.** I know a real cowboy when I meet one, and I've met quite a few from those parts. Did some shooting with one who just waxed me; if that's the Canadian standard of marksmanship, we needs to keep things real friendly ...

Weasel Wrote:Mr. J.D. comes to visit.
Ah, Mr J.D. Facilitator of excellent decision-making since 1866.

* Ropes. Saddle horns. Angry beasts that weigh a solid ton. It's a lesson in physics and anatomy.

** Like Vesku. Can't believe that I didn't think of this wisecrack earlier ...

-- 30 --
10-02-2008, 03:08 PM,
seabolt Wrote:Actually, in 2008 TOES for SPMBT, Canadian motor rifles are the very best infantry available, in my not so humble opinion. The C7A1 and 60mm mortars on the cheap? Hells yea.

-- 30 --

I investigated this a bit and discovered that:

- In 2010, US forces have the choice of M16 and M8 - the M8 has the same accuracy of the C7A1 and a range of 10 vs. the C7A1 range of 8.
- The Canuck 60mm Mortar has a range of 36, whereas the US 60mm Mortar has a range of 70.

So in 2010 the Canadian rifle units have lost some advantage - especially at longer ranges.

cheers

Al B.
[Image: FARibbon.jpg]
10-02-2008, 03:39 PM,
Iwo Jim Wrote:Ok I'll bite....34500.......:stir:

Iwo Jim (and any potential bidders),

:bow:
My apologies, I missed a couple of points when I listed the rules for the battle:

First off, the USA will get 15% arty as per Weasel's experimental rules. Canada will remain at 10% arty.

My assumption had been that the following were exempt from the Arty % buy rules:
- Mortars embedded in Infantry units (like the 60mm Mortars) are not considered part of the Arty % buy rules.
- Air Strikes are not considered part of the Arty % buy rules.

And finally, regarding the FOO Rules:
- Mortars embedded in Infantry units (like the 60mm Mortars) are not considered part of the FOO rules. (contrary to the FOO Rules). (In the Canadian OOB, an Infantry Co. gets a 60mm Mortar but if it is a DW Infantry Co. then you get 3 more 60mm Mortars. At that rate, the number of FOOs required would be astronomical.) Eek
- Air Strikes are part of the FOO Rules.

So, Iwo Jim, please let me know if this was in line with your bid and if we need to change any of my above assumptions.

cheers

Al B.
10-03-2008, 08:33 AM,
That sounds good to me ......is the Company CO only allowed call in fire missions using company ebedded mortars or can the FO's as well?
10-03-2008, 08:46 AM,
Deadeye Wrote:- The Canuck 60mm Mortar has a range of 36,

Actually, the 60mm mortar to which I was referring was the one intrinsic to several Canadian rifle sections. I *love* rifle squads with integral mortars. They're cheap, but they add a ton of kick in infantry vs infantry firefights. If the other guys suppress 3 times faster than your guys, that's an advantage ...

-- 30 --
10-03-2008, 12:05 PM,
Iwo Jim Wrote:That sounds good to me ......is the Company CO only allowed call in fire missions using company ebedded mortars or can the FO's as well?

I'm fine with either approach - whichever you want.

Al B.
10-03-2008, 12:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-03-2008, 12:32 PM by Deadeye.)
Flag

Less than one day left to make a bid to crush the Canucks!!!

You know you hate them - their politeness, their strong beer, the way they add "eh" to every sentence.

It's finally time to get revenge for the War of 1812 and the burning of the White House.

For a price less than 34500 points, you too can be the conquering hero.

Wait - that's not all!!

With the new USA 15% Arty rule, it should be a cakewalk - 15% of even just 30,000 points is still 1000 more points of arty than what the Canadians will have at 10% of 35,000. Just think of how many Cluster Munitions you can buy with that extra 1000 points!

Phone lines are now open ....

Flag

:)

cheers

Deadeye
10-04-2008, 12:07 PM,
Iwo Jim Wrote:Ok I'll bite....34500.......:stir:

Congratulations to Iwo Jim on his winning bid of 34500. :bow:

I'll be sending out the game files this weekend.

cheers

Al B.
10-08-2008, 02:01 PM,
Vesku Wrote:What's up with these umpteen million point battles? They take several hours to play one turn well and who wants to play his battles less than well? I'm waiting for someone to challenge to a battle that I can actually participate in.

Im battling GB in his big bash battle and the turns are not much longer than my turns with Weasel for his game which is only a normal one, Its fun to play with so many points as you really have to chose well as you can get almots anything but then you need to make sure it can do the job and I bought cheap and planty vs GBs pricy and quality, I think Im gonna loose.
Bis peccare in bello no licet - One cannot blunder twice in war.