• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Remember your first PBEM game?
09-26-2008, 08:45 PM,
Remember your first PBEM game?
Seeing Bootie's post in Der Kuenstler's thread, made me think back and fondly remember my first ever CM game against a human opponent.

It was a CMBO QB against Dev -- which I actually WON by being all sneaky with a Hetzer! Big Grin

But that was probably the last victory in a long learning period of being bludgeoned by then seasoned CM vets like Mike Abberton, RedDevil, Phil Davies, Nort, fridericus... and at times I wonder if I actually learned much of anything since then...LOL.

Since then I've veered off into tourney design etc... ladder play not so much a priority anymore...

One doesn't really forget one's first time, right?
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2008, 08:57 PM,
RE: Remember your first PBEM game?
LOL yeah.

Kil Roy - Tactical Victory
The Bard - Major Loss
Kil Roy - Total Loss
Kil Roy - Major Loss
Kil Roy - Tactical Loss
Kilroy - Minor Victory
Glider - Total Victory
Glider - Major Loss
The Bard - Tactical Loss
Glider - Minor Loss
Glider - Tactical Loss
The Bard - Minor Loss
The Bard - Major Loss
The Bard - Major Loss

Here is my first 14 games. I played my first against the Bard on 2nd April 2002 and by 16th April I had played and recorded 14 games.

It took me 8 games to record my first victory.
09-26-2008, 09:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-26-2008, 09:43 PM by Combat Wombat.)
Of course I remember ! First was against RNL Tiger who showed me how it was done, and then Der K himself , sounded like a really nice guy and off we went. I coulnd't wait to see how my amazing plans were going to pan out and then he opened a can of "Whup Ass" on me .. and i had to surrender ... cheers

D K ... .. you are a champion. I'll be in touch

john
09-26-2008, 11:59 PM,
Combat Wombat Wrote:I coulnd't wait to see how my amazing plans were going to pan out and then he opened a can of "Whup Ass" on me .. and i had to surrender ... cheers

LOL - my first game was actually against a young guy off of the Battlefront site - I think he was only 19 or so - he sent me Sword of Bagration - which is a Russian glory scenario, and naturally he chose Russian. We never finished that game - he either got bored beating up on me or found a girlfriend and disappeared.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
09-30-2008, 01:32 AM,
My first was against Wild Bill. We played CMBO Wiltz. I was the Yanks on defense, and got the win.

I figured I was pretty good. Then the losses and the learning curve started.

:rolleyes: