• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1,000s of CS scenarios to choose from
09-22-2008, 07:14 AM,
1,000s of CS scenarios to choose from
We now have the original CS scenarios and the many new ones developed and added to them. I stopped collecting when I reached 1,000.
We also have the magnificent Project Blitskrieg disc with the useful tank hunting squads, swimming tanks and other real units and now have the new units and scenarios in Matrix East Front versions 1 to 1.04 and active developers still working away.
We are so spolit. The problem now is what to choose and who to play in what version??

I like to play against chosen mates using mutually agreed versions. It is easy to find balanced scenarios as one can look at the results tables and see those that others of us have found to be balanced and exciting.
There are now so many realistic playgrounds that one can choose many particular battles or campaigns and really learn about the decisions that the leaders had to make and the difficulties of warfare.

So there are lots of newer and bigger games that have come out in the 13 years that we have had the wonderful Campaign Series but I am sure it will last a long time yet.
Any comments please?
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2008, 06:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-23-2008, 06:37 AM by Kool Kat.)
RE: 1,000s of CS scenarios to choose from
Hi Pip:

I agree.

I would also add that the John Tiller's Campaign Series and the latest game patch (currently ver. 1.04) are the only software titles and updates that Matrix Games will support and make available via their Web site.

So, as Montana stated in an earlier post, majority of CS players will standardize on the above... and games played under ver. 1.03 and earlier patches will become things of the past.

You may run into some difficulty finding opponents for "pre" ver. 1.04 patch matches.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
09-27-2008, 06:42 PM,
There is nothing new under the sun..and extreme assault means extreme fear.
The biggest insult to human intelligence which is considerable in my opinion. Is the notion that the universe made itself. Has anyone ever see a star form? Come on people. what will they tell us now? The earth is flat?
09-28-2008, 12:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-28-2008, 12:45 AM by Hobbes.)
I think some great new scenarios will be made with all the new units in 1.04, I may even make a few myself. A few of the existing scenarios could do with updating for 1.04 as well I think. One thing I would like to see is a proper visibility change available to designers so they can change the visibility at set times in a scenario. It can't be that difficult to do. I have a feeling Matrix made a bit of a bodged job of this after seeing posts from people who wanted designer led visibility changes.

If nothing else the Matrix 1.02 version is very similar to the Talonsoft version and can be played under Vista so there should be many good years left in this excellent game. Most people will play 1.04 but I'm sure you will always be able to find people who want to play 1.02 or the Talonsoft game.

I agree that one of the best things about the Blitz site is the scenario rating system so we can find balanced scenarios (apart from the flaws in the 'new' rating system).
Chris
09-28-2008, 06:30 AM,
schnurbart Wrote:There is nothing new under the sun..and extreme assault means extreme fear.

Schnurbart:

Maybe after you record a few CS ladder games in 2008... you might have different thoughts! CS ver. 1.04 with extreme assault plays a lot different then earlier game patches. Also, many new nationalities, units and capabilities under ver. 1.04, make for new scenarios! Good times ahead for CS players! :cool:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
09-28-2008, 06:31 AM,
Thanks for those valuable comments men. I am sure that in time our keen developers will load up many of the great old Talonsoft scenarios into 1.04
I look forward to the day when the wonderful #PB1 scenarios are loaded into 1.04 The late war Tank Busting units were very realistic and added a new dimension.
The problem will be what scenario to choose out of the 1,000's that will be available. This is where the Blitz will really help as members post their game results and perhaps even tell others on this message board about great games they have discovered. How about a new table listing Great Games?
My collection of over 1,000 scenarios includes WF and RS but I have become totally absorbed with East Front. I gather that the popular 1.04 Matrix version is for East Front. When eventually West Front and all its versions and Rising Sun , Imperial Strike and Divided Ground are available this will be a huge game playground.
How will we find our way around when there are lots of the developers' contributions , #PB1 and the new expanded units Matrix scenarios available? We will need some smart guy to devise a map or some form of guidance for the coming maze
I am sure that this will eventually happen and that the magic of Matrix which does not need heaps of disc changing will mean we will never have to put up with battle packs, Sealion etc changing.
I don't trust computers but look forward to the day when I can put my 10 or more TS discs away in a cupboard.
09-28-2008, 07:43 AM,
I may be missing something here, but I thought the "extreme assault" rule meant it reverted back to the 1.02 assault rules. Not checking "extreme assault" would then default to the new 1.04 assault rules.

Correct?

Gavin
Send this user an email
09-28-2008, 08:14 AM,
Adolf Vahringer Wrote:I may be missing something here, but I thought the "extreme assault" rule meant it reverted back to the 1.02 assault rules. Not checking "extreme assault" would then default to the new 1.04 assault rules.

Correct?

Gavin

Hi Adolf

it is the other way around , extreme assault ste to on means the new assault rules

extreme assault set to off means that it is similar to v102

regards
Remko
09-28-2008, 08:30 AM,
Thanks.

Well, I guess I just started my last 2 scenarios with the old assault rules on. :rolleyes:
Send this user an email