• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NIGHT FIGHT
09-24-2008, 10:45 AM,
RE: NIGHT FIGHT
Played a similar game in CMAK a while back against someone, I forget who. 1942 in the desert at night visibility 50 meters. Trying to guess where he was by the vehicle sounds, sudden violent collisions when vehicles came into view, infantry getting massacred in point-blank ambushes. Hoooo man that was a fun one.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2008, 02:50 AM,
ENDGAME SCREENSHOT, Sphinx v POS,(tac win for POS)

Luck played a big part, I simply flung my Russian infantry into the flag wood and told them to shoot or grenade any Jerry that came close.
The white rings represent the 30 metres visibility range of the tanks, none of them can see each other, it was like groping in the dark in a thick fog chasing engine sound contacts most of the time. The other flag out of frame looks pretty much the same

[Image: spinf.gif]
10-02-2008, 05:28 AM,
ENDGAME SCREENSHOT- Sphinx v POS mirror (POS gets maj vic)

Again, luck played a big part as our tanks chased down engine sounds a bit like destroyers chasing subs via sonar contacts, great fun..:)
Here Sphinxes T-34 on right makes a depth charge attack down the red arrow, but my two subs anticipated it and had skedaddled (blue arrow) to protect their backs before it arrived..

[Image: spirus.gif]