• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How Many Games at One Time?
09-23-2008, 06:29 AM,
RE: How Many Games at One Time?
Ivan Wrote:I have taken on too many games in the past and got bogged down. I guess it depends a lot on how much time you have. When I've had more free time I've welcomed taking on a relatively large number of games. Time seems to be more at a premium these days so I try to stick to few opponents (3 active) and keep telling myself to take my time and think more about each move. Usually though, I still make impulsive and rash decisions as it's in my nature. But I like the idea of trying to plan my moves meticulously. Thinking about and planning your moves can be the most enjoyable aspect, playing less games give you more time to do this.

Hi Ivan: :)

Yes. I believe you articulated my feelings exactly. It really is about striking a balance between number of games versus gaming time availability. I find I'm constantly looking to play "new" scenarios... but also wanting to have the time to plot out my moves carefully on my current PBeM matches. So... smaller number of competent players = more enjoyment on my part.

I guess it is a "good" problem to have! :cool:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply