• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Last offensive
09-22-2008, 07:49 AM,
RE: The Last offensive
LOL!! Big Grin
Well I hope Mikey can handle those T34/85's and JS-2's.
Hope you both have a great battle and remember to report the play test has started over at the H2H section :)
Thanks again to both of you for stepping forward cheers
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2008, 11:03 AM,
British Tommy,
The battle with Mikey is at an end. He made a very bold move right off the bat and launched an attack against me right up the central corridor with about 15 of his T-34/85s. Initially he met success and caused quite a change of plans among my forces. Just when it seemed that he would roll right over me, he stopped. He had mis-identified one of my vehicles as a dreaded Jadgpanther and decided to stop his attack. He pulled back into a depression and started fanning out. Unfortunatley for him, I was able to hit him from three sides and his forces were quickly massacred. With there armor exploding around them the ragged and traumatized Russian forces surrendered en masse. The battle was short but deadly and only lasted about ten turns.
In celebration of the stunning victory by Kampfgruppe Bane, fireworks light up the sky over Berlin and there is much rejoicing.

Lord Bane (FGM)
09-27-2008, 08:38 PM,
Mikey and Lord Bane,
WOW! Eek
That was a very bold and Russian type response to the German threat. First time any one has tried this tactic :smoke:
Thanks Lord Bane for reporting the outcome of the battle and for finishing it so quickly.
Have you both reported the game? cheers
09-27-2008, 10:12 PM,
Mikey and Lord Bane & BT,

I have no record of a test being played over at the H2H, if you both go back to the scenario listing where you downloaded the scenario from and click "rate scenario" fill in the simple report and submit it i can award you testing points for your efforts! :)

If you don't rate the scenario for BT, he will not be able to approve his work. :(
09-28-2008, 12:22 AM,
Foul,
I believe that I have followed your instructions and have properly rated the scenario. If I screwed anything up let me know and I will fix it.
Lord Bane
09-28-2008, 01:04 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: The Last offensive
Many thanks Lord Bane and I'm really pleased you enjoyed all aspects of the scenario :)

Thanks Foul :)
09-28-2008, 01:27 AM,
Lord Bane Wrote:Foul,
I believe that I have followed your instructions and have properly rated the scenario. If I screwed anything up let me know and I will fix it.
Lord Bane
Lord Bane,
Yes you have done the report ok, thank you for that. :)

I would like to just say that normally i would not award full testing points when only 9 turns out of 38 have been played, but i see you have played it twice before, so i will give you the benefit of the doubt and issue full points.;)
Also to rate a scenario as perfect when you finished off your opponent in such a short time is a little worrying, but i trust that BT does not release this scenario if it is not well balanced.

OK now we also need Mikey's feedback..............
09-28-2008, 03:06 AM,
Foul,
The reason that I rated it so highly is that I have played it three times already. Even though this battle ended at Turn 9 in a stunning and total German Victory, I fought the other two games to their conclusion. You can view my rating as a combined rating of the three games. Each time I fought it I used a different set up and the battles developed along different lines. Each one was challenging and exciting.
I don't care about the points so if you don't want to award them then I don't mind. I would like to point out that I have played a lot of CM and wouldn't have rated it so highly if I didn't like it. In general, I stick to playing QBs because I have found that the majority of scenarios I play are not really to my liking. This one is great and I would recommend it to anyone. In fact, I think it is ready for release now.
Lord Bane
09-28-2008, 08:59 PM,
Lord Bane Wrote:Foul,
The reason that I rated it so highly is that I have played it three times already. Even though this battle ended at Turn 9 in a stunning and total German Victory, I fought the other two games to their conclusion. You can view my rating as a combined rating of the three games. Each time I fought it I used a different set up and the battles developed along different lines. Each one was challenging and exciting.
I don't care about the points so if you don't want to award them then I don't mind. I would like to point out that I have played a lot of CM and wouldn't have rated it so highly if I didn't like it. In general, I stick to playing QBs because I have found that the majority of scenarios I play are not really to my liking. This one is great and I would recommend it to anyone. In fact, I think it is ready for release now.
Lord Bane

Lord Bane,
Ok i understand that, i did award you the full points as you had played this through several times and i believe you should be rewarded for your efforts! :bow:

I am afraid we need Mikeys feedback as well, BT needs 3 more reports with an average score of 8 or more to approved this, if the testers don't leave the feedback BT is a bit stuck. :(

If you are still in contact with Mikey could you ask him to do this for BT please.
Regards,
Darran.
09-28-2008, 10:13 PM,
Foul,
Ok, email sent to Mikey asking him to rate it.
Lord Bane