• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Delayed Reinforcements
09-12-2008, 02:22 PM,
Delayed Reinforcements
Still a relative newbie so hopefully this is not a stupid question. I am playing N44 Utah Beach as the Allies and it is the second day. Units of the 90th ID were scheduled to arrive at 6AM but have not. They appear in the scheduled list with an asterik but their arrival appears delayed. My questions are what caused this and how do I get them to land?
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2008, 02:39 PM,
RE: Delayed Reinforcements
I believe the asterisk means the division will all become available at the same time or not at all on any one turn. If your playing against the AI, you should be able to see if there is a percentage associated with the arrival. If it less than 100% then the unit may not arrive for a while. This design feature invokes a little uncertainty for a better simulation.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
09-12-2008, 04:09 PM,
As DS said if the % is less than 100% then at the start of each Allied move the engine does a check to see if the units become available. ;)
09-12-2008, 04:38 PM,
Dog Soldier Wrote:I believe the asterisk means the division will all become available at the same time or not at all on any one turn. ....

Dog Soldier
To clarify on the asterisk, it actually means that the specific reinforcement group marked that was did not arrive at its originally scheduled time - it didn't pass the arrival check but it will be checked for again each turn normally, at least in Normandy stock scenarios.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
09-13-2008, 07:54 AM,
Thanks for the feedback. As it is, I don't think I can get them off the beach and to the frontlines before the end of the scenario anyway. Trails, marshes, swamps, what a mess. And I've learned what a pain Bocage is for the attacker.

The mark of a good system - actually teaching the player the reality of the battle...
09-13-2008, 09:40 AM,
You think that is a mess....play the Omaha scenerio