• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How many games are you playing?
09-08-2008, 03:16 PM,
RE: How many games are you playing?
Marquo, any word on Kiev to Rostov? I haven't been able to search through Consimworld in a while. I pre paid for it and am drooling at the prospect. But if it comes soon, a horrible dilemma: I have Case Blue, but have not been able to bust it out yet. How can I choose between that and the East Front series?
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2008, 12:26 PM,
I have not yet gotten into OCS. I saw Case Blue set up at the CONSIM Monstercon, but the maps did not attract my fancy; also the game seems very heavy into supply. I guess if you like playing PzC with supply wagons/trucks then OCS would be attractive. I really like the EFS system, so my money is with KtR, which will be shipping late September (hopefully).

Marquo ;)
09-09-2008, 12:43 PM,
I have played EFS AGC, AGS, AGN and Typhoon. I am selling all my EFS games and have just got in to Case Blue and DAKII. IMO they are superior. But as Marquo says OCS is big on logistics. But I find that in may games Pz Div's roam all over the place with no regard to the limited fuel available. OCS simply does not allow this. You need fuel to move anything motorized. EFS breaks down here. So does PzC. This is why in Uranus the Germans can check the Southern Soviet pincer with a massing of German mechanized forces, that simply was not possible logistically in reality.

So I guess it depends on how you want to play it. If you really want to see how military units are limited by supply go for OCS. If you want a simpler game then go for EFS.

Another point is EFS just does the Barbarossa period. Case Blue and GBII cover a more evenly balanced period of the war (late 41-42- early 43). In EFS being soviet is not much fun. If EFS is to expand into the 42-43 period I suspect the model will breakdown and a major rules update will be required.

In OCS there is one set of standard rules that are used for all there campaigns that range across Europe, not just Russia. Finally OCS is a much more popular game with gamers in general if you use the activity at Consim world as a guide. It has about 3 times as many posts as EFS. So you may have a better chance of finding an opponent with OSC if thats a factor.

Both game systems are good. Just a question of taste. For me its OCS.
09-10-2008, 11:37 AM,
But wait...News Flash...the updated EFS rules for KtR (and will retrofit to prior games) introduce forward Axis base units, and rules to test for resupply of Axis units which have outstripped the supply chain. It won't be so easy anymore...also other new rules greatly enhance the "realism."

Where do you hail from? I am never afraid to play the Soviets in EFS because I have a few tricks up my sleeve....:rolleyes:

Marquo :chin:
09-10-2008, 01:40 PM,
I am from Australia. I had KtR on pre-order till I discovered Case Blue and DAKII. I have read the forums and posts about the new fuel rules and such for EFS, still doesn't cut it for me. I have room for one more PzC game if your interested. Only do campaign games tho. Drop me a line if your are have a free slot....perhaps we could work something out cheers
09-11-2008, 05:00 PM,
I have 4 games going

Stalingrad 42
Budapest 45
Korsun 44
Smolensk 41
looking for one for Kursk

Also with Krak and Shane we play board games every Wednesday night