• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

East front WW2 books
08-19-2008, 12:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2008, 11:53 AM by von Nev.)
RE: East front WW2 books
Concur with Marquo. "Last Victory in Russia" by Nipes is a great book.
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2008, 02:18 PM,
I Agree Last Victory in Russia is a good book another good book which covers the Opening campaign in Russia is Thunder on the Dniepr by Bryan Fugate
08-19-2008, 04:43 PM,
I'm reading "panzers on the eastern front" edited by peter tsouras.Pretty much a compliation of notes that Erhard Rauss wrote for the u.s army in 1952 or 51 he passed away in 56.Main reason I was interested in this book is that it really deal's in depth(well I'm hoping it does have not got to that part yet) with the german relief attempt at stalingrad.Next up on reading list is sniper on the eastern front that should be juicy.
08-19-2008, 09:33 PM,
Thanks to everyone for the great reviews as we are all aware of the high price tag on some of these books.

Ordered Army Group North but will have to show some patience till the postie arrives.

Starting to get out more often so had the chance to browse thro some books and bought, Zhukov at the Oder by Tony Le Tissier, this is just packed with info and maps, such a good read I'm almost half way thro already, highly recommended.
08-20-2008, 11:02 PM,
Marquo Wrote:Big Grin

A really interesting, well-written book is, "Last Victory in the East" by Nipes. It deals with Operations Star, Gallop and Von Manstein's Back Hand Blow.

Marquo :)

His other book, "Decision in the Ukraine Summer 1943, II SS and III PanzerKorps" is also well written and debunks a lot of Kursk tank battle myths the Soviets put out for DECADES.

Good Hunting.

MR
09-06-2008, 12:38 AM,
Does anybody have a book that looks at the battle of Sukhinichi in the summer of 1942?

Thanks,

Malcolm