• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How many games are you playing?
09-03-2008, 03:36 PM,
RE: How many games are you playing?
Because of a 5-week old daughter, only one. Smolensk '41 xp2 Campaign vs alaric99x. Been messing around a little with small to mid size scenarios, in various titles, vs the AI when I don't have a turn to do.
"I sincerely believe the banking institutions having the issuing power of money are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Monroe, January 1, 1815.
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2008, 01:13 AM,
Two really big ones.

SgtFury's Belorussia HTH Mod against Von Nev,as Russian at turn 102 of 149, my nerves are shot out with this one and the battle fatigue has set in. Best game so far, great opponent.
See AAR above.

Also have a War in the Pacific campaign ongoing but it will take forever to complete, then again maybe not as the seabed is littered with artificial reefs.
This is my third game as the Japanese and I've never seen June 42.
09-04-2008, 05:54 AM,
I've slowed down a lot recently, but am still involved with

D85 team CG
K85_Alt team CG
B44_Alt CG
N44_Alt CG
B44 WAH custom CG
S43 team CG (pretty much in stasis right now)
09-05-2008, 08:18 AM,
Do boardgames count :)

Every wednesday night Augy, ShaneM and I get together for games of ASL, Europa, OCS, EIA, SFE or whatever takes our fancy. Right now we are playing Scorched Earth (Europa). I just got a copy of Case Blue (The Gamers) so that may be next.
09-05-2008, 11:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2008, 11:46 PM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
Wow, somebody really still plays board games? I have a few I've been wishing I could sell for years. They've been in boxes since a house fire in 88. Don't even remember everything I have. I had once sold 118 at a wargamers convention in Dallas and only kept a few. I have a bunch old SL stuff, but it's all mixed up and don't think anybody would buy it unless they were going to do a large campaign type of game, but not many people have that kind of time and space. The boxes of a couple of the games are damaged, but everything that was in there when I bought them is still in there.

I think I still have the Norway from the Europa series, not sure, but like I said, I've had them in boxes for 20 yrs now.

Where do you guys live? I was rarely ever able to find an opponant. Almost seemed like I was the only one interested in wargaming in most places where I have lived.
09-06-2008, 01:56 PM,
We are all from the Gold Coast in Queensland Australia. We have been playing together for over 20 years. I met Darrell in the Royal Australian Navy in 1980. I met Shane (who is a surfy) in 1987. We have another friend who plays accasionally as well but he is not in to PzC. More a warcraft nut.

Boardgaming is still a lot of fun. You spend time with your mates and the laughs you get and sweaty palms just don't get replicated on the PC front. The best thing about PC games is the FOW and no rule misunderstandings. cheers
09-06-2008, 10:43 PM,
Krak Wrote:We have another friend who plays accasionally as well but he is not in to PzC. More a warcraft nut.

And you haven't been able to cure him of that?
09-07-2008, 08:51 AM,
I know its strange, but none the less true:conf:
09-07-2008, 12:42 PM,
I am a huge board game fanatic. I currently have GMT's AGS laid out on a table behind my computer, and am eagerly waiting Kiev to Rostov. Every year I go to the MonsterCon in Tempe and play for 4/5 straight days.

As for PzC I am currently doing:

B'44 stock campaign
M'44 stock campaign
K'42 Flashing Sword of Retribution Campaign

Marquo :)
09-08-2008, 03:14 PM,
Board Gaming is still big for me. Keep buying new games, replaying old ones, and generally having a blast. I could not stand to go without either board game or computer war games.