• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

OSTKRIEG TOURNAMENT
08-24-2008, 09:28 PM,
OSTKRIEG TOURNAMENT
Gents the next scenario starts 9-1-08 48th Panzer Korps Dual Mission

http://mysite.verizon.net/tide13/tournaments/index4.htm

I'll have the new pairings up the day before.

Please post your scores for Plugging the Dyke here or the Tournament sub forum

Thanks
Tide1
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2008, 07:47 AM,
RE: OSTKRIEG TOURNAMENT
Result round 2 plugging the Dyke

Barbarrossa (Russian)V Peter777.(German)

Russian minor victory by the narrowest of margins 596. Battle see-sawed back and forth with the Germans at one stage getting to a minor victory on their skillfull capture of the major Russian base (250 pts) which they still held at the end. Elsewhere it favoured the Russians the bridgehead was wiped out with its entire garrisson and the Russian cavalary did well as did Russian artillery resuting in large German infantry losses which just got theRussians a victory at the last gasp of the game.
Barbarrossa
08-27-2008, 08:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2008, 08:30 AM by Tide1.)
Thanks and congrats

Gary
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
08-27-2008, 08:47 AM,
Barbarrossa Wrote:Russian minor victory by the narrowest of margins 596. Battle see-sawed back and forth with the Germans at one stage getting to a minor victory on their skillfull capture of the major Russian base (250 pts) which they still held at the end. Elsewhere it favoured the Russians the bridgehead was wiped out with its entire garrisson and the Russian cavalary did well as did Russian artillery resuting in large German infantry losses which just got theRussians a victory at the last gasp of the game.
Just like a good H2H tested scenario should be! :soap:
08-28-2008, 10:16 AM,
Hi Foul

This scenario is really interesting, it gives a real feel for the situation faced by both sides plus it is (IMO) finely balanced. I think it could go either way depending on a little luck and the tatics used.

Thanks for the H2H development and testing.

Peter777
08-28-2008, 04:01 PM,
Peter777 Wrote:Hi Foul

This scenario is really interesting, it gives a real feel for the situation faced by both sides plus it is (IMO) finely balanced. I think it could go either way depending on a little luck and the tatics used.
Thank you, i think it is an excellent situation with lots of variables for such a small scenario!
Peter777 Wrote:Thanks for the H2H development and testing.

Peter777
Well Rick also was a big part of the project with his input during testing. :bow:
08-29-2008, 12:19 AM,
Foul gives me too much credit - although I created the original scenario I never thought it could be balanced for HTH play so I never tried :). That is ALL Foul there.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]