• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Super Panzer Campaign Game
08-20-2008, 04:17 AM,
Super Panzer Campaign Game
Fury had once expressed a wish for the maps from S41, M44 and M41 all be "stitched" together for a super map of the central area of Russain. The same could be done with K43, K42 and S42. Glenn what is the chances this could happen in the far future at some point? i know I would be more than willing to pay the money for both.

Sorry Glenn if this question has been asked before.
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2008, 10:09 AM,
RE: Super Panzer Campaign Game
Not much chance I fear. Too much map means too many user created scenarios and fewer Pz Campaign titles. If the K42 map was extended only 15-20 hexes north, you could have a righteous Operation Rumyantsev. Attack and counter-attack. My own request for Glenn would be: Please, please Glenn, I'm begging, please make the scenario for Little Saturn an add on to S42. There is not one other scenario that can be made for this expanded map, but it will make a great Stalingrad addition.
08-20-2008, 05:30 PM,
Little Saturn, you would need to be a real masochist to play the Italians. Manstein said that the Rumanians were the best fighting allies of Germany and that the Italians were the most useless. Anyone who has played the Axis in the Stalingrad campaign and watched the Rumanian hordes being swept away like chaff can expect much worse in little Saturn, but without the core of German resistance that there was at Stalingrad.

If memory serves me, the Italians broke while they were being probed just to find the lines, the day before the main assault was planned.
08-21-2008, 02:39 AM,
I would want a bundle that includes the whole Pz Cm series in a single box.(Like John Tiller's Battleground Civilwar)
08-21-2008, 10:20 AM,
oh man! I just bought them the rest of them ( having owned N44 and S43 from the day they were released) at once! ah well...money well spent
08-21-2008, 02:49 PM,
Returning to the original request for a super map....

I would have to say such an idea would be unplayable. The area covered was not really ever commanded by one commander with the amount of detail and control one would have in the PzC series. That said....

I think someone a few years back did stitch the maps together, but only as image files which could be printed to admire the detail of all that terrain. Such a file would make a nice companion when reading a book about any of the many engagements in that area.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
08-21-2008, 03:29 PM,
Liquid Sky Wrote:oh man! I just bought them the rest of them ( having owned N44 and S43 from the day they were released) at once! ah well...money well spent

Did you get the discount for multiple orders? I think if you order 5 at a time (or multiples of five) then there's some sort of discount, I can't recall how it works. If not, call Scott Hamilton and ask about it.