• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MBT slot to sell - SPECIAL AUCTION ! Do not miss your chance to beat His Highness !
08-23-2008, 12:34 AM,
RE: MBT slot to sell - SPECIAL AUCTION ! Do not miss your chance to beat His Highness !
5 hours 25 minutes to go...
Think first, fight afterwards - the soldier's art
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2008, 06:58 AM,
RE: MBT slot to sell - SPECIAL AUCTION ! Do not miss your chance to beat His Highness !
OK, auction closed. Klanx gets the spot.
Hurrah ! Hurrah ! Hurrah!
08-23-2008, 01:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-23-2008, 01:29 PM by klanx171.)
alrighty, you wanna send me the details, who will setup?:)

I note with the hurrahs thats you sound happy, I gota bad feeling about this...
Bis peccare in bello no licet - One cannot blunder twice in war.
08-24-2008, 05:01 AM,
LOL
I was happy to get the game, not becasue of your bids.

All details are in my first post and I let you choose the map and place VPs (you are sneaky attacker after all, aren't you). Anything else you need to know shot me at mczerkas(at)gazeta.pl

Do we need to clarify FOO rule and setting's ?
08-24-2008, 05:07 PM,
Ok, I will cook something up but sneaky? me? what makes you think I am sneaky? i play an honest straight game sir.:whis:

I dont relally dig the FOO rule but I do see why it exists but then again I dont like it as I am sorta like the mad bomber when it comes to arty, everywhere and anywhere, so it your call on that.
08-25-2008, 01:28 AM,
klanx171 Wrote:I am sorta like the mad bomber when it comes to arty, everywhere and anywhere, so it your call on that.

Fixed.

-- 30 --
08-25-2008, 02:07 AM,
what do you mean "fixed"? Big Grin
08-25-2008, 02:33 AM,
The strikethrough is showing up for you, yes? I trimmed a couple of words to make your self-assessment more accurate, Mr. "I'm happy with the FOO rule in this game cuz I've got 328 FO units." ;)

I had 81mm mortar rounds landing in the loo, that game. Quite untidy.

-- 30 --
08-25-2008, 07:34 AM,
I personally cant see any single reason behind FOO rule, but I want to try how it works.

Sneaky ?
Did you read Larry Bond's "Cauldron" ?
You are sneaky attacker from that book, mate.
08-25-2008, 10:41 AM,
Hi All

The FOO rule is totally optional.
It is an attempt to make the arty plotting much more realistic.

It is not realistic for 1 (or no) FOO to be calling in many different impact points...generally one per tube firing...and then micro adjusting them all, every turn, especially when most of them are out of LOS.

The basic idea is that 1 FOO plots 1 shoot (one impact hex). If you wish to hit two spots on the map...you need two FOO etc.

This make the FOO more important, and brings the purchase of them into the planning for your battle.
You laso have to protact them, if they die, you lose their 'shoot'.

It also means you have to be far more careful with the way you use your arty.

There are some other idea in the general FOO rules to do with arty buys and placement of units on the map...which are also an attempt to bring more realism to the game.

I like it. I am also happy to play without it...however, I find games with it tend to be more interesting.
30 different tubes hitting one enemy unit each is easy to make happen...trying to stop an attack when you only have 3 FOO and he has 4 or 5 points of attack...THAT is a challenge Big Grin

Cheers All
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?