• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

6th PzD - OOB Question - Stalingrad
08-21-2008, 10:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2008, 10:56 AM by Volcano Man.)
RE: 6th PzD - OOB Question - Stalingrad
You are right about the fact that it would be better to give the unit B quality instead of C, especially if they are using ausf F. C quality ausf F StuG unit would probably just be so much fodder, especially in the _Alt against the T34/76c.

As for how large the unit was, I would say that if it was indeed full strength (which it sounds like it was) then it would have three 13 vehicle companies, so it should be about 39 vehicles. The other 40th and 41st vehicle was probably the battalion CO and XO's track which need not be represented.

Sure, I have camel art from my Compass '40 expansion for E42. Just send me a list of the units that should have camels, then I can look at the component in those units and change the horse into a camel and send the image to you. BTW, MKW db puts a camel equipped infantry unit defense at 8 (in T mode of course, identical to horse cav speed) and speed of 6 (horse cav speed is 8). Not sure what values you want to use (a speed of 7 would work too) but those values sound right to me. A camel has a slower sustained speed, but I imagine that the real reason they may have chosen camels as their preferred mounts is because they could travel farther on the steppes without need for water.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
6th PzD - OOB Question - Stalingrad - by von Nev - 08-18-2008, 01:14 PM
RE: 6th PzD - OOB Question - Stalingrad - by Volcano Man - 08-21-2008, 10:45 AM