• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

6th PzD - OOB Question - Stalingrad
08-21-2008, 05:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2008, 05:39 AM by Volcano Man.)
RE: 6th PzD - OOB Question - Stalingrad
Actually, I was looking up something similar and couldn't figure out the exact designation of this phantom StuG unit, or even if there really was one. Depending on what further information you are able to find out -- it looks like if StuG.Abt.228 was at Stalingrad then it appears (from what I have read and some educated guesses) that it would have been a LVII.PzK corps level asset, probably used where needed between the 6th (and 23rd?) Panzer Divisions.

Looking in the Kursk '43 OOB, the unit is present with StuG IIIg vehicles in the III.PzK as a corps level asset with three understrength companies and B quality. If you determine that it is indeed the unit that should have been at Stalingrad then I would love to know for the _Alt scenarios. Care must be taken to not "see what we want to see" to add a new unit to help out the Germans, of course. The easy thing here would be that all you would need to do is copy and past this unit from K43 to S42 (December) OOB at 13 vehicles, probably C quality to represent their inexperience. It would be safe to assume that they were equipped with the ausf F because, if I am not mistaken, the ausf G was not in service until '43, but I could be wrong about that.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
6th PzD - OOB Question - Stalingrad - by von Nev - 08-18-2008, 01:14 PM
RE: 6th PzD - OOB Question - Stalingrad - by Volcano Man - 08-21-2008, 05:17 AM