• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Modern eara question.
08-17-2008, 12:34 AM,
Modern eara question.
Of the Squad Battles titles that cover the more recent conflicts, Vietnam, Tour Of Duty and SAW, which is the better title?

I have to say that the Vietnam period interests me the most but i usually see requests for games of SAW!

Thx in advance for your thoughts.

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2008, 10:58 PM,
RE: Modern eara question.
It's in the eye of the beholder, really. If you are really into Vietnam, then those games will hold your interest. SAW is a great, great game, but plays a little bit differently than the other SB titles due to its somewhat asymmetric type of warfare. Using Eagle's Strike tactics in SAW gets you nothing but dead! It took me a few games to get a good feel for SAW, but once I did I got hooked.

SAW's scenarions, I feel, are more balanced for PBEM, something the designers and playtestes really strive for. Vietnam and TOD were very early on in the series and don't have quite the number of balanced scenarios, but are still fun, especially if you play more vs the AI than PBEM.

Can't lose, although I'd get Vietnam over TOD initially if you're going to get something from that conflict.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply