• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A TFB question for Glenn
08-14-2008, 10:40 AM,
A TFB question for Glenn
Glenn in TFB I used to be able to 'bombard' with pure artillery stacks, that is attack with just artillery units and suffer no loss with the artillery. It now appears in version 1.04 that this kind of attack can no longer be made. That is an attack by just artillery will result in the loss of the artillery unit.

My question is, is this an intentional removal of that kind of attack or a bug? I can see the pro's and con's of such a removal. Just curious if it is designed or an accident.
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2008, 12:26 PM,
RE: A TFB question for Glenn
Ya - there was a problem here because you could attack for free with arty and have no chance for any losses - even if the odds were poor. There was no counterbtty and no local attacks by the defender - all things which could occur in a game with a two day time scale.

John did a couple things - at one point he was killing the Arty and I found that quite unacceptable. So he disallowed it while we figured out what to do or how to handle it.

Anyway - in the development copy of the game I have now, you can do arty only attacks - but if you have odds that are not good you will suffer losses, and with rounding you you will likely lose at least one unit.

Glenn
Send this user an email
08-14-2008, 01:54 PM,
RE: A TFB question for Glenn
Sounds ok to me. Thanks for the update. cheers