• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

trying to start over
08-13-2008, 06:45 AM,
trying to start over
hi

i am, after a 4 year absence for personal reasons [ah divorce a wonderful institution !!!] returning to wargaming on the net, i however need a little help as i only have a dusty old copy of cow which i have blown of the cobwebs and loaded up, will buy toaw 3 later. my problem is that i have downloaded several scenarios into the relevant file and yet they dont appear on the list when i load the game. its been a while but i cant remember if i have forgotten anything, btw the scenarios were from the rugged defense site, any help would be appreciated

thanks
keith
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2008, 11:04 AM,
RE: trying to start over
everton Wrote:hi

i am, after a 4 year absence for personal reasons [ah divorce a wonderful institution !!!] returning to wargaming on the net, i however need a little help as i only have a dusty old copy of cow which i have blown of the cobwebs and loaded up, will buy toaw 3 later. my problem is that i have downloaded several scenarios into the relevant file and yet they dont appear on the list when i load the game. its been a while but i cant remember if i have forgotten anything, btw the scenarios were from the rugged defense site, any help would be appreciated

thanks
keith

Hello Keith,

Which scenarios are they ?

If they arent on the list, send me the files and I can add them into the database.

When you get TOAW3 , yoi wont regret it !
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
08-13-2008, 10:19 PM,
Hi Keith,

You need to place them into the "scenario" folder for COW; they will have the .sce extension. If you're still not seeing them (but you are seeing the other scenarios in that folder), then they haven't been upgraded to COW....so make sure you're downloading COW scenarios, and not TOAW I, II, WOTY, etc.

Personally, if I had it to do again, I wouldn't spend the time on COW, just upgrade directly to TOAWIII....it's that good!
08-14-2008, 02:23 AM,
hi

have given up on cow and ordered toaw 3 of the nws site, are they a reliable site ?

keith
08-14-2008, 03:58 AM,
everton Wrote:hi

have given up on cow and ordered toaw 3 of the nws site, are they a reliable site ?

keith

Cant advise you Keith, as I bought mine direct from Matrix.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
08-14-2008, 07:08 AM,
Yes, the guys at NWS are very reliable. I've bought a number of games from them over the years and their service is great.
08-23-2008, 02:20 AM,
ok got toaw 3, am looking for an opponent, any scenario any side
mail me at [email protected]

thanx
keith