• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Advice for newbie?
08-12-2008, 09:07 AM,
Advice for newbie?
I'm just pulling this game out and getting familiar with it. Any do's and dont's a beginner should be aware of?
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2008, 06:04 AM,
RE: Advice for newbie?
Hi Vaevictis,

What helped me allot when I started was the How to Win pdf guide located in the Punic Wars Folder. Some good advice on using the different units.

Also there is a good sticky here in the AWWC forum that helps with the different settings. I think even with patches, it is still relevant.

http://www.hist-sdc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=826

And here is one on some tactics - Very good! Especially on stacking, a critical component to understanding the game.

http://www.hist-sdc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=765

And definitely update to the latest patches. They not only address some bugs, but add allot of features too!

Also if you are looking for a game, drop me a line. I don't mind at all answering any questions you may have while we play!
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
08-14-2008, 10:06 AM,
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. I believe I have to get a little more familiar with the game before I can venture a scenario. I'll let you know when I am ready though.
08-14-2008, 01:07 PM,
Hi Vaevictis,

No problem, whenever your ready, just drop me a line or if you have questions.

Your move.
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris