• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Modding question
08-12-2008, 05:03 AM,
Modding question
Hi guys

A few quick modding questions for those in the know.

Is it possible to modify the nations within a game - eg, change 'Russian' to 'American' so that this is reflected in the editors and subsequently new scenarios?

And, is the game restricted to only three nations or can more be added?

Thanks!

Andrew
For updates on my mods, visit IronX Mods Blog.
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2008, 12:17 PM,
RE: Modding question
Never mind, I have my answer now - which, btw, is no to the first question and depends on how many armies are in the particular game for the second.
08-12-2008, 01:45 PM,
If you want to know how to mod a game check out Africa at War...when they ever get TFE4 back up and running. Zabek says any day but it's been days. Gotta be patient I guess. Anyway, AaW is a good one to see how it's done.
08-13-2008, 05:10 AM,
Yes, from what I've read that mod has set the standard and would be a good template to use. Unfortunately I don't have PW/AAW, plus as you mention TFE4 is down for who knows how long.

Nevertheless, I have already made good progress on the graphics side at least and by the use of national flags, not being able to change the nationality is now less of an issue (perhaps they did this to on AAW?).
08-16-2008, 11:31 PM,
Hi IronX!

You should post here what you have posted at the Wargamer. Great mod you are working on!!! I can't wait to see this one completed. Continue your very good work!

Cheers

Tom
08-17-2008, 01:48 AM,
I second what Alpha says, great looking mod. You should post as widely as possible for help with OOB's and scenarios.

Being a mod slut myself i've started to feel faint waiting for this. Big Grin

:bow: