• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bogging down, and immobilization
08-16-2008, 09:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-16-2008, 09:20 PM by Kelen.)
RE: Bogging down, and immobilization
Although the chance to 'bog' is small in dry conditions, when crossing walls or travelling through scattered trees you still have a chance of being immediately immobilised. The faster you go the greater that chance. (Never had a vehicle immobilise when crossing other terrain types, e.g. craters so I'm not sure if there is a risk of this there too)
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2008, 09:53 PM,
RE: Bogging down, and immobilization
I did a series of tests a year or so ago that I meant to post here. They suggested that other things being equal, the chance of bogging/immobilizing was the same for any given distance travelled, which indeed meant that you were more likely to bog in a turn if you were travelling at 'Fast', but moving 'Fast' was a good idea if the player got advantage from "gitting thar fust with the mostest men". The chance of bogging increases with the ground pressure of the vehicle, and also as the crew quality decreases, but I did not get around to investigating whether it is also related to the actual speed of the vehicle. I must go through the lists and find two tracked units with the same ground pressure but significantly different top speeds.
Quote this message in a reply