• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Optional rules question.
08-14-2008, 04:23 AM,
RE: Optional rules question.
Zemke Wrote:QFM is a must, and allows high quality units that edge they deserve.

Well i will throw my hat into the ring..........:soap:

There are two titles where the use of QFM would unbalance the scenarios badly, these are S41 & Ea42, in these titles it is only fatigue that ever stops the A quality German units and to use the rule would skew the scenario way to the Axis side IMO.

I have also just used QFM in a Anzio CG, IMO it skewed the result my way by allowing the German counter attack to press on much longer than if we had not used the rule, in effect it negated the fatigue that my opponents arty should have piled on my attacking units and so helped me to win! :(

So while the QFM is a great addition (thanks HPS/Glenn) it is not a rule to be used without some thought to it's effects. :chin:
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2008, 05:50 AM,
Foul. Wrote:
Zemke Wrote:QFM is a must, and allows high quality units that edge they deserve.

Well i will throw my hat into the ring..........:soap:

There are two titles where the use of QFM would unbalance the scenarios badly, these are S41 & Ea42, in these titles it is only fatigue that ever stops the A quality German units and to use the rule would skew the scenario way to the Axis side IMO.

I have also just used QFM in a Anzio CG, IMO it skewed the result my way by allowing the German counter attack to press on much longer than if we had not used the rule, in effect it negated the fatigue that my opponents arty should have piled on my attacking units and so helped me to win! :(

So while the QFM is a great addition (thanks HPS/Glenn) it is not a rule to be used without some thought to it's effects. :chin:

I would also avoid QFM in operation typhoon, M41.
08-14-2008, 06:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-14-2008, 06:52 AM by von Waldenburg.)
Foul, where is the sticky thread about optional rules (stock not volcano's)? i havent been able to find it :conf:Fiery:whis::happy:;):bow:

I am happy to play with and without QFM in any game.
08-14-2008, 07:10 AM,
Great points guys - yes - we made QFM and as with any change, it is available in previous titles after an update. But the effects of the rule on previous titles is not studied, so it becomes on of those situations where the rule will make a definate difference- it is up to you guys to sort out if it works for you and your previous games or not.

This is a really good thread.

Glenn
Send this user an email
08-14-2008, 07:48 AM,
von Waldenburg Wrote:Foul, where is the sticky thread about optional rules (stock not volcano's)? i havent been able to find it :conf:Fiery:whis::happy:;):bow:

If you look at this thread Sticky thread under the section "How to PBEM" you will see i have tried to give some guidence to there use.
08-14-2008, 07:54 AM,
Glenn Saunders Wrote:Great points guys - yes - we made QFM and as with any change, it is available in previous titles after an update. But the effects of the rule on previous titles is not studied, so it becomes on of those situations where the rule will make a definate difference- it is up to you guys to sort out if it works for you and your previous games or not.

This is a really good thread.

Glenn
Well the rules in the manual are set for every title, the Opt rules can add some extra flavour to that, but i think there is some confusion to there use, so i hope that Dog Soldiers article will help to clear the water somewhat, the excellent article by Jarrel (link in the info sticky thread) covered the Opt rules up to and including Normandy, that article needs updating to cover the Opt rules included since then.
08-14-2008, 08:36 AM,
Only a Russian with a desire for an utter thrashing would use QFM in K43 and S41. One must remember that QFM is a two edged sword. It decreases fatigue for A and B units and increases fatigue for D and E units.

Still its a very nice rule and when used appropriately works very well.
08-14-2008, 08:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-14-2008, 08:16 PM by von Waldenburg.)
Foul. Wrote:
von Waldenburg Wrote:Foul, where is the sticky thread about optional rules (stock not volcano's)? i havent been able to find it :conf:Fiery:whis::happy:;):bow:

If you look at this thread Sticky thread under the section "How to PBEM" you will see i have tried to give some guidence to there use.

That's a very good one sticky thread, thank you! Great job ;) I think new players should be pointed to that kind of threads.

IDEA: set the tipo of the sticky thread to capital chars it will be seen much more easily