• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

uh-oh. Umm, Glenn?
08-10-2008, 10:46 AM,
RE: uh-oh. Umm, Glenn?
Ok Volcano man, I think I'm following. What about what Glenn said; That it's easy to add components to the list. That would be the ideal solution. But how? Right now I'm not doing anything unless I know what the outcome will be?
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2008, 03:17 PM,
Richrd Wrote:If I could add components to the list, then I wouldn't have to rename any, but I don't know how. Its just to risky to experiment.

The HOW is easy
- open the OOB
- put your cursor in the OOB where you want the new unit nnd component - if you don't know - make a new Organization called "new components" or something

- click on the Add Data Button
- check the box IS unit
- fill in all the Data field and press the SAVE at the lower right of the dialog.

PRESTO - you have a new component and you can see it if you open the DAT file from that Nation.

Alternatively, instead of filling in all the fields, you can use the combo box (Drop down list) to pick an existing component, change any of the values, MAKE SURE you alter the Component name and then Press that SAVE button again.

Adding to what Ed sais, I don't even use the Change Name button anymore. I've had issues with it and rather risk an issue I make my changes in a simple text editor - Notepad, where commands are simple and results expected. But there are some tricks here when you rename something too.

The best advice is to save often.

Glenn

Glenn
Send this user an email
08-12-2008, 04:07 AM,
Unreal. The variables are infinite now. If you run across a good divisional history you can give every company its own slot on the component list. What a valuable tool. I've just started to explore it. I think I'll start with the Panzer units in K42. It always bugged me that the Fireflys were separated in N44, but in K42 the long barreled Pz's just coming into service were lumped together with the Pz38's, rhetorically speaking.