• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

'Just a thought'
08-08-2008, 08:05 PM,
'Just a thought'
HiHi
Paul /Randy can I suggest that everybody be asked to put Humour stuff in the 'Joke of the day' thread.

My thinking is,

a) Montana Mud came up with a good idea there and there are some absolute crackers therein, now when I chucked one in the pot the other day I had to resurrect the thread from page 3, if it keeps dropping out like that new folk looking at the MB are like enough to miss it.

b) MR has just posted a Question re New games when there is already a Post dealing with the subject back on page 2, all these jokes posted direct to the MB, good as some of them are, are messing the MB about somewhat (IMO) and some interesting posts are disappearing to the back pages where again new folk may not see them.

As I say 'Just a Thought' but it may help make the MB ... tidyer ? :)

All the Best
Peter
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2008, 09:40 PM,
RE: 'Just a thought'
Okay Peter, all tidied up. It may just have the effect of putting the mess all in one place, but we can certainly try it.
08-08-2008, 10:33 PM,
HiHi

Yer that looks much better, hope other folk agree, Cheers.

All the Best
Peter
08-08-2008, 10:51 PM,
HiHi

HiHi

Yieks!! went to see PoS joke and noticed several pages of jokes have gone, sorry to be a nussance Paul but any chance of getting them back, as said there's some crackers in there shame to loose them Cry

All the Best
Peter
08-09-2008, 03:18 AM,
I didn't delete anything Peter, just merged the threads. If anything went wrong with the merge (and I've never known it to) they would be gone for good I suspect. I only merged a few jokes off the front page, is perhaps what you were looking for further down the list and never got merged maybe?
08-09-2008, 03:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2008, 03:49 AM by Kingmaker.)
HiHi

Oh bugger, looks like they are gone then, yer there were about 3 -5 pages worth of jokes, now there is only one on the thread and PoS joke for today ain't showing, so unless it's my end and for some reason I cant see the other pages, looks like my bright idea for tidying up the Thread has backfired badly, Ho hum sorry folks Cry

I can resurrect some of my contributions as I keep a 'Chuckleworthy' file, dunno if other folks can do similar.

All the Best
Peter
08-09-2008, 04:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2008, 04:10 AM by Kingmaker.)
HiHi

Mmmm. looks like the gremlins got at the 'Joke of the Day' thread. I've just posted a new reply on the thread, it shows as posted on the MB but doesn't show on the thread, same as PoS's one from earlier today, guessing it ain't creating new pages ?

All the Best
Peter
08-09-2008, 11:04 PM,
Peter, try refreshing your page and/or dumping your cookie cache. On my end of things the joke thread has 7 pages and 50+ posts dating from April 23rd through today.
08-09-2008, 11:36 PM,
HiHi

Phew, relief, thats good other folks can still see it, will go see about cookies etc, Cheers for that Paul.

All the Best
Peter