• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Charge to Chuguev question
08-06-2008, 04:46 PM,
Charge to Chuguev question
Does this scenario's balance suffer greatly if the German player blows a lot of bridges? It seems he could make large VP areas rather safe by doing so. As far as I see, Russians have no bridge engineers while Germans do. Am I missing something?
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2008, 06:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2008, 06:18 PM by Huib Versloot.)
RE: Charge to Chuguev question
I think the Russians have to cut off the Germans and destroy them before they can retreat over the rivers and blow the bridges.

It's been a while since I played it though but I really enjoyed it.
08-07-2008, 07:26 AM,
RE: Charge to Chuguev question
Huib is right.

If the Germans try to cut and run for the river, they will get chewed up on the way. A fighting with drawl is one option. There are other strategies that will work.

I always play PzC with the VST supply rules. There are some small scenarios in the series titles where VST supply makes no difference. Otherwise, as in this scenario, the Germans could blow the bridges across the main river and still trace supply off the map to an area that would be occupied by the Russian offensive in the CG! Not at all realistic. Many wierd supply situations can occur with the default supply rule and rivers.

Dog soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp