• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rzhev 42
08-05-2008, 12:49 PM,
Rzhev 42
Anyone play this one? How does this one rate on people's ranking of the PzC games?

It seems that someone would play a double game: Rzhev42 + Stalingrad42 ("The Russian 42 Winter Offensive"), seeing as how the dates match.
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2008, 01:21 PM,
RE: Rzhev 42
Jazman Wrote:It seems that someone would play a double game: Rzhev42 + Stalingrad42 ("The Russian 42 Winter Offensive"), seeing as how the dates match.

You could if you did not have a life Both R42 and S42 CG's are huge! R42 is like a giant chess match. The storms and deep snow make movement very slow. Low visibility combines to make a game where you have to out think and out general your opponent. Just lining up your troops to smash your way through the obvious places on the map will leave you busy writing many Dear Mr and Mrs Ivanov letters..... we regret to inform you....

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
08-05-2008, 01:50 PM,
Dog Soldier Wrote:
Jazman Wrote:It seems that someone would play a double game: Rzhev42 + Stalingrad42 ("The Russian 42 Winter Offensive"), seeing as how the dates match.

You could if you did not have a life Both R42 and S42 CG's are huge!

After Minsk, everything feels easy. It's like taking an international flight for over 10 hours, then the domestic ones that are 5 hours feel short.
08-05-2008, 10:12 PM,
I played two times GC, as russian and as axis.

Very interesting game, a patience one, very long time strategies, not a one for "fragile" moral.

I like it despite some values I don't like a thing, but very good game.

Bests
César