• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WaW/H2H question.
08-05-2008, 08:09 PM,
RE: WaW/H2H question.
Let me know when you are ready to play H2H CC on and I'll give you a fight no matter how busy I am.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2008, 01:26 AM,
I have to agree with the old dogs on this topic, Command and Control is one of the best reasons play WAW/H2H and I rarely played with out it.

The effects on low quality troops that you allude to is exactly the reason why. C&C really highlights how a small group of elite troops can run rings around hordes of inferior troops. If you're interested in trying to simulation history (as opposed to just a fair fight in a PBEM match) I must say C&C helps a lot in that regard.
08-08-2008, 01:43 AM,
Steel God Wrote:I have to agree with the old dogs on this topic, Command and Control is one of the best reasons play WAW/H2H and I rarely played with out it.

Oldrocky never got back with me, but I've invested a couple of hours refreshing my memory in solitaire play. I really approve of how it changes the tone of the game, but oy, setting flags and waypoints for a large force turns things into work. The interface starts to feel as old as it is.

Steel God Wrote:The effects on low quality troops that you allude to is exactly the reason why. C&C really highlights how a small group of elite troops can run rings around hordes of inferior troops. If you're interested in trying to simulation history (as opposed to just a fair fight in a PBEM match) I must say C&C helps a lot in that regard.

I can certainly see that, but the inverse of your statement raises an interesting point: How do you set up a fair PBEM game? I would hazard that the default unit costs are for C&C off; thus, the player with a higher leader rating would hold an advantage. Do you weigh point allotments accordingly? (Eg, Player 1 is Germany with Leader Rating 65 and Player 2 is the Soviets with Leader Rating 50. To make things equatable, Player 1 gets only 2,000 points to Player 2's 2,300? 2,600? More?)

Also, I suppose you'd need a cap on recon units and company 0 units. Something like 20% of points in recon units and a minimum of 9 subordinate units per company 0s?

It seems like a clever gamist (*cough**cough*) could work the system pretty easily.

-- 30 --
08-08-2008, 04:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-08-2008, 04:36 AM by alpha.)
Too complicated for me stooopid... Big Grin

To add soemthing to the orig. question: I read that units in defence also get more op fire ? I have never really tried that out though...I usually put the units in defence as a usual rules in my games when they don´t move, safety first.
Send this user an email
08-08-2008, 06:58 AM,
Seabolt

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. If you'll set a battle and send it to me I'll share with you the tips and tricks I've learned RE: C2.
08-08-2008, 01:27 PM,
oldrocky Wrote:Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. If you'll set a battle and send it to me I'll share with you the tips and tricks I've learned RE: C2.

You mean in H2H, yes? Any slots already in use?

-- 30 --
08-08-2008, 05:10 PM,
all slots are free