• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rising Sun under ver. 1.03 - Not good
07-30-2008, 07:10 AM,
RE: Rising Sun under ver. 1.03 - Not good
mwest Wrote:Hi Ed:

I had read many of your "passionate" ver. 1.03 postings... and initially I believed (hoped) that veterans like yourself were "over reacting" to the new changes in this game patch.

However; sadly, having experienced ver. 1.03 up front and personal Eek in RS (Bougainville), I now find myself firmly in your camp.

Passionate? Who me? You should have read my e-mails. ;)
I think that I play so many games per day, against so many different opponents, that I got to see some of the "stuff" up front and personal, in a greater volume than most, from almost the "get go". I was more stunned that Beta Testers did not find half of what I experienced almost right away.
I think toning down the assault rules would be the best. The glitches and bugs are a side product that we all know they would fix.
I am only asking for balance or options when they add such drastic things that change the game. :)
I'll keep some marshmallows and Hershey bars near the camp fire for you. Big Grin

mwest Wrote:BTW... I agree that Banzai made the Japanese too strong in ver. 1.02, but now it appears to have been nerfed in ver. 1.03. Again, looking for a balance here.

I honestly think that taking it out all together may be the best solution. As Curt said, it was very effective against the Chinese and not so against the Brits, Aussies, Allied, and American troopers. That can be taken care of by the scenario designers and not through artificial "house rules" or the new close assault rule?

Thanks!
cheers
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2008, 10:08 AM,
Mr. Guberman Wrote:Banzai attacks (as designed into CS) are absurd. Japanese "Banzai" attacks worked against the Chinese and gained quite a reputation...but they were just standard assaults, combining the excellent Japanese morale and the decrepit Chinese morale...the Japanese did, invariably, shout "Banzai" as they assaulted. They were in no way the concocted super assaults as depicted in CS. That is why I am reluctant to add leaders to the Japanese in my scens, for fear of the super Japanese contemplated here.

Well stated Curt! :)

Here is what Wikipedia stated about Banzai assaults:

"Early in World War II, Japanese banzai charges had proven effective as an offensive infantry tactic against poorly-trained Chinese soldiers armed mostly with bolt-action rifles and hand-to-hand combat weapons. Against Allied troops armed with semi-automatic rifles and machine guns, the banzai charge proved to be costly, despite having a chance of success, and its use was largely discontinued, except as a final suicidal gesture by surrounded Japanese forces."

So, I agree that the Banzai assault (CS version) is unrealistic, but playing the Japanese, I would like to have the option of utilizing the Banzai assault either in a very restricted manner (ex. 1-2 times per game) or with surrounded Japanese units + leaders. I would also reduce the chances of a "successful" Banzai assault.

IMHO, this would eliminate the unrealistic utilization of the Banzai assault as a regular offensive tactic and instead would restrict its use as "... a final suicidal gesture by surrounded Japanese forces." It would also keep the Allied troops "on guard" against a final, desparate Banzai charge by a surrounded enemy that had a chance of inflicting some casualties and a momentary setback.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
07-31-2008, 02:07 AM,
[/quote]

Suggestion: Why can't Matrix go back to ver 1.02 (with all its known issues)
[/quote]

If they go back to 1.02 again I suspect I will throw in the towel myself............only reason I have stayed around was in the hope that the assault rule would be fixed.Going forward might work.........but I will not go back to that old piece of crap rule again......."No brag,just fact"

Earl
How's that for passion :-)
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
07-31-2008, 02:29 AM,

Suggestion: Why can't Matrix go back to ver 1.02 (with all its known issues)
[/quote]

If they go back to 1.02 again I suspect I will throw in the towel myself............only reason I have stayed around was in the hope that the assault rule would be fixed.Going forward might work.........but I will not go back to that old piece of crap rule again......."No brag,just fact"

Earl
How's that for passion :-)
[/quote]

I got it! This "car" has no reverse! ;) I'm fine with that.

My earlier post was a suggestion (born more out of frustration) on how to incrementally and systematically introduce future content into the CS game engine.

I am very glad to see Matrix responding to users and working through all the known issues - assault too! Big Grin
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
08-02-2008, 04:26 AM,
Hi Gents: :)

BTW... I posted the following RS Banzai rule suggestion to the Matrix CS Forum "Wish List" thread and made Jason aware of it. We'll see what happens... :chin:

So, I agree that the Banzai assault (CS version) is unrealistic, but playing the Japanese, I would like to have the option of utilizing the Banzai assault either in a very restricted manner (ex. 1-2 times per game) or with surrounded Japanese units + leaders. I would also reduce the chances of a "successful" Banzai assault.

IMHO, this would eliminate the unrealistic utilization of the Banzai assault as a regular offensive tactic and instead would restrict its use as "... a final suicidal gesture by surrounded Japanese forces." It would also keep the Allied troops "on guard" against a final, desparate Banzai charge by a surrounded enemy that had a chance of inflicting some casualties and a momentary setback.
Send this user an email