• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Russkies in Oklahoma!
07-31-2008, 08:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2008, 08:47 PM by Fokkov.)
RE: Russkies in Oklahoma!
Quote:Epoletov might as well have stuck a sign in the middle one stating "free birdseed," rubbed his mitts together, and chortled ala Wile E Coyote

Scratch 1 orangejuice covered keyboard Big Grin
[Image: FARibbon.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2008, 01:30 AM,
Wigam Wrote:I would love to see the map1
Epoletov or Seabolt.... please... :)

Attached Files
.zip   77 Southeast USA.zip (Size: 98.1 KB / Downloads: 16)
Send this user an email
08-01-2008, 01:56 AM,
Vesku Wrote:Thanks. That statement will be paid right out of your back skin on our next battle :)

Take a number, behind the Tanqueray and the Guatemalan tobacco ... oy, my head. How the British ruled the world pounding down port and stogies every night simply escapes me. I'd be lucky to rule my own bowels ...

Wigam Wrote:I would love to see the map1
Epoletov or Seabolt.... please... :)

As FYIs: River Bend Park has no VHs, thus it and its bridge aren't very relevant. Hex 32,148 is the Acme Corp. Test Firing Range.

Fokkov Wrote:Scratch 1 orangejuice covered keyboard Big Grin

War is an ugly business, Fokkov. We all lose loved ones.

-- 30 --
08-01-2008, 10:56 AM,
TURN 2

Unless an FO or artillery unit spawned with an outlier very high experience rating, Epoletov should be dealing with 0.4 delay to pregistered points and 1.2 everywhere else, which gave me exactly 1 turn to show him some counterbattery love before needing to displace. (Unless, of course, one of my artillery pieces was sitting on a gold spot, in which case I would have been the one feeling the passion.)

The results were pretty good. One ammo carrier was destroyed, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have another dozen back there. One Nona popped up as abandoned, which is a bit irritating, because you never know if the crew is dead or if the thing will resurrect. Still, I shouldn't complain.

I started my turn carefully moving some Chinooks. (Yes, Blackhawks would be more appropriate for a frontline unit, but I had to cut corners somewhere. Those 15,000 points end up pretty durn thin on the ground at 2008 prices.) This drew some SAM and 23mm radar gun fire. The radar guns must have been too far away to spot, and the SAM unit may have already been under my artillery smoke. Couldn't get a bearing on either.

I then pushed my Apaches just a bit further on recon, drawing another SAM round, but still spotting nothing Russian bearing down on me with evil intent. Given he has 27 or 28 field pieces blaring away, probably two thirds of them with CM loadouts, it seems even more likely that Epoletov has gone all Great War on me, with plans to arty-pound my half of the board into hamburger before peeking his head out. Again, I shouldn't complain. No Kornets sneaking/sprinting into my LOS is the exact right number of Kornets in my worldview.

The end of my turn brought another rain of Russian metal. One of my Vulcan AA units got caught in a CM burst. So far, Epoletov is outdamaging me by at least a 2:1 margin, as high as 4:1. But he's letting me play the white pieces without even drawing for the privilege. My knights have definitely beat his out of the back rank. I'm happy to sacrifice a pawn or two in process.

-- 30 --
08-01-2008, 02:12 PM,
Russian will not lose :)
08-01-2008, 03:32 PM,
Ha!

This will be fun to read.

Paragraphs from Seabolt.

One line from KraMax.

Brilliant Big Grin

Keep it up chaps...very good stuff.

If I was a betting man...I'd be putting some Rubles down on the table.

Hurrah!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
08-01-2008, 03:42 PM,
KraMax (SPR) Wrote:Russian will not lose :)

So far he is winning, yes ... but this is how we roll. ;)

-- 30 --
08-01-2008, 03:59 PM,
Thanks for the map, Will look at it soon.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
08-01-2008, 04:09 PM,
seabolt Wrote:but this is how we roll ;)

Yeah, that'd be right.
Screw reality...hollywood propaganda will get you through anything eh Big Grin

I watched a very interesting doco on Emile Griffith recently called Ring of Fire.
Very interesting indeed. REally it was a snuff movie in a way...watching him batter a guy to death...on prime time TV.
Scary.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emile_Griffith for some info on the guy.

Boxing...terrible sport, if you could call it that.
It was very interesting to see how boxing had affected the guys judging from the way the spoke when interviewed in their later years.
All punch drunk.
What a way to earn your money.

Good luck there Gene...I have e feeling you'll be needing Rocky and all the hollywood fables to give you a chance in this game eh :stir:

Cheers cheers
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
08-01-2008, 04:45 PM,
Walrus Wrote:Good luck there Gene...I have e feeling you'll be needing Rocky and all the hollywood fables to give you a chance in this game eh :stir:

I'd say I'm the underdog, sure. Anyone vs the Russians is automatically the underdog in this version of SPMBT. They got promoted from 800- to 900-lb gorillas. And keeping this action report gives Epoletov an edge, because even *I* say something informative once in a blue moon.

On the other hand, to be objective, I'm fielding the Green Machine, probably the second-best TOE in 2008. We own the intangibles. I got bug eaters on the field that will make Russian line units wet their trousers at first sight. The AK-slingers won't live long enough for the stain to spread.

I wouldn't put too many rubles down if I were you. ;)

-- 30 --