• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A few "thank you's"..:)
07-31-2008, 12:13 AM,
RE: A few "thank you's"..:)
July 28th at 14:00 I posted and issued a general warning to not bad mouth other sites on the Blitz.

July 28th at 14:07 POS posts and bad mouths a moderator of another forum.

July 28th at 14:20 Kelen posts and tells POS, hey "you heard the man, play nice".

July 28th at 14:21 POS posts and acknowledges.

Since that time there has been no bashing of other forums. There has been one tangent on the Bible, which drew a warning from Shane, which was also heeded; there has been our discussion, and there have been some additional posts by Mick informing us all how talented he is ;) If there is bashing after 14:21 on July 28th I have not seen it, but if you point it out to me I will respond as appropriate.

I assure you, my sole goal here is the smooth running of the website, which includes the even handed moderation of it's forums. I do not believe anything in this thread is contrary to that.

As for how you came to be here Steve, no, I am sorry, I did not know that. Until this very moment I knew nothing of scenarios being offered without approval. If there are any issues with that I would encourage you to let me know and I will gladly look into it for you. I know it's sometimes hard to remember but the Blitz is NOT a Combat Mission Club, it is a War Gaming Club, and try ad hard as I do, I simply can not keep up with all of the details in all of the communities. If there is something you wish me to address, you need to address it to me, and I will give you some sort of answer (if not always the one you want most to hear).
07-31-2008, 01:13 AM,
:rolleyes:

Is anyone interested in playing or talking about CM instead? :(

Jobu88 recently recommended CMBB KM-Securing the Corridor. I wholeheartedly second his recommendation. It is probably the best scenario I have played thus far in my short CM career, better than CMAK Tiger Valley IMO. :stir:

Any more information regarding the Rumblings of War tournamant? I love/prefer tournaments based on scenarios instead of QB's. How about some more info on that? Big Grin
07-31-2008, 01:29 AM,
Guderian Wrote::rolleyes:

Is anyone interested in playing or talking about CM instead? :(

Words of wisdom.
07-31-2008, 02:10 AM,
Quote:Jobu88 recently recommended CMBB KM-Securing the Corridor. I wholeheartedly second his recommendation. It is probably the best scenario I have played thus far in my short CM career, better than CMAK Tiger Valley IMO.

Ratzi and I are tackling this chaotic mish-mash of a battle...

Multiple independent battles, reinforcements pouring out of the maps edges from all sides, a suicidal town defence, hilltop ATR nests, smashed HT's littering the field, a German column racing onto the map, my mad Russian partisans infesting the entire map like ticks...

Ace.

[Image: Partisan-08.jpg]

P.S. You've just been thread-Jacked.
:smoke:
07-31-2008, 02:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2008, 02:27 AM by Mad Russian.)
Steel God Wrote:July 28th at 14:00 I posted and issued a general warning to not bad mouth other sites on the Blitz.

July 28th at 14:07 POS posts and bad mouths a moderator of another forum.

July 28th at 14:20 Kelen posts and tells POS, hey "you heard the man, play nice".

July 28th at 14:21 POS posts and acknowledges.

Since that time there has been no bashing of other forums. There has been one tangent on the Bible, which drew a warning from Shane, which was also heeded; there has been our discussion, and there have been some additional posts by Mick informing us all how talented he is ;) If there is bashing after 14:21 on July 28th I have not seen it, but if you point it out to me I will respond as appropriate.

I assure you, my sole goal here is the smooth running of the website, which includes the even handed moderation of it's forums. I do not believe anything in this thread is contrary to that.

As for how you came to be here Steve, no, I am sorry, I did not know that. Until this very moment I knew nothing of scenarios being offered without approval. If there are any issues with that I would encourage you to let me know and I will gladly look into it for you. I know it's sometimes hard to remember but the Blitz is NOT a Combat Mission Club, it is a War Gaming Club, and try ad hard as I do, I simply can not keep up with all of the details in all of the communities. If there is something you wish me to address, you need to address it to me, and I will give you some sort of answer (if not always the one you want most to hear).

Like I said before works for me.

RD and I had discussed the linking of scenarios from TSDII to the Blitz. After awhile he said it couldn't be done.

I would prefer to only have to update my scenarios in a single location.

If that's not possible I can understand that.

I agree that the Blitz being a wargame club for other games is sometimes lost in the translation of being tied to a single game system.

We are working on expanding the list of games supported here.

Thanks for all that you do in support of the club BTW, it's appreciated. You're definitely one of those deserving of a thank you.

Good Hunting.

MR
07-31-2008, 02:28 AM,
Guderian Wrote:Any more information regarding the Rumblings of War tournamant? I love/prefer tournaments based on scenarios instead of QB's. How about some more info on that? Big Grin

Since there was no response to the Rumblings of War thread, the tournament is actually the Masters Tournament. I haven't posted anything new in the thread.

Good Hunting.

MR
07-31-2008, 02:52 AM,
Mad Russian Wrote:but here is POS, in this very thread, bad mouthing other clubs and their management.
By the very standards we used on our own members on other CM sites POS should be banned from this site for that action already.

Firstly, to take any pressure off Steel God let me make it absolutely clear that all he has to say is something like "POS perhaps you'd be happier at another club" and i'll reply "Okay mate, i'll just clear out my office and be on my way", it's as easy as that, no hard feelings, no arguments, no nothing..:)

Secondly,as regards 'badmouthing' some other clubs, I prefer to call it "setting the record straight" in my over-zealous desire to protect Blitz and my boss SG from mud-slinging..:)
Anyway such friendly inter-club rivalry has always been common in the CM community and adds hilarious fire and spice to the CM scene as we verbally slap each other around for fun; popcorn-munching onlookers have even said its almost more enjoyable watching me put people in their place than it is playing CM..:)

But if Steel God prefers me to turn the other cheek that's fine by me, Blitz is his club and he's my commanding officer so I'll obey him implicitly as long as I'm here..:)
07-31-2008, 03:08 AM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Anyway such friendly inter-club rivalry has always been common in the CM community and adds hilarious fire and spice to the CM scene as we verbally slap each other around for fun; popcorn-munching onlookers have even said its almost more enjoyable watching me put people in their place than it is playing CM..:)

As CM Moderator I have to add that there are plenty of people who have emailed me voicing displeasure at what had gone before (the mud slinging and jovial butt slapping you referred to) and are happy now that it is not a major problem.

From my point of view I couldnt be assed listening to it anymore and as such will be deleting any threads that bad mouth other clubs or persons within the overall CM community.

Its time to turn the page and move on.
07-31-2008, 03:12 AM,
Mad Russian Wrote:[POS] has consistently bad mouthed and threatened TPG. The only CM site in the known universe that he's never been banned from.

You must be mixing me up with somebody else mate, the boss of The Proving Grounds (GJK) is a thoroughly nice guy and has my total respect, that's why he's welcome to keep all my old tactical posts, playtest screenshots and writeups..:)

Even many members over there appreciate my work, as shown by these testimonials they posted in my player stats-
"A great guy to learn tank tactics from with unsurpassed file return times (it is like he is an AI or something with him returning files any time of the night or day)........Excellent player, good guy and gets turns out quickly! Highly reccomended ........Great tactician, superb return rate and some really wonderful comments with them too...... Well worth playing!........Also a great teacher in helping you improve your own gameplay and a really good playtester........Interesting Tactician, good player, really great Banter........ got to give him a try...A very good tactical player, well worth playing against..........always learn something new from this guy.........great informative posts"

As for my bannings from certain sites, it was a mutually-agreed thing, I won't go into details ..;)
07-31-2008, 03:13 AM,
This is getting tedious.

Can we just get on with playing CM please.

Thanks.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West